Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audiotec Fischer DSP Tool Walk-through Videos

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Nick

Audiotec Fischer DSP Tool Walk-through Videos

Hello everyone! Doug of MSC America and I, Nick Apicella of Apicella Auto Sound thought it would be a good idea to get together and make some videos demonstrating and walking you through the Audiotec Fischer DSP Tool software. These videos are designed to help you understand how the software works to be able to set up your car audio system utilizing an Audiotec Fischer DSP. These videos are NOT designed to teach you have to tune. They are merely just showing you what's what, and a few tricks and tips along the way. This first video is on the IO tab, and the DCM tab. Here, we show you how to set up all of your inputs and outputs, set source switching, different adjustment features inside of the software, and more.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Nick

Re: Audiotec Fischer DSP Tool Walk-through Videos

As of posting this, i still have not recorded the Main tab, and will be doing that one on my own. If you have anything specific that you would like to know for that video, now is the time to tell me

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Thanks for posting all that, it's hard to tell what something does by a simple tool-tip description. This vid puts everything in context.That relative EQ feature is awesome.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Thanks for posting all that, it's hard to tell what something does by a simple tool-tip description. This vid puts everything in context.That relative EQ feature is awesome.
    Yeah, relative eq is a game changer

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5. Back To Top    #5

Nick,

First off, nice video. Looking forward to more of them.

I did notice that on my P Six DSP MK2 that I don't have the "Digital Clipping Protection" on the DCM tab. I do have "Amplifier Configuration, Dynamic Headroom Management" though on the DCM tab. Would you be able to explain this? It looks like any of the newer units (version 3s) use the Digital Clipping Protection and the older units (version 2s and earlier) use the Dynamic Headroom Management. Are these the same thing, just renamed on the newer units? Is "SQ" just Digital Clipping Protection Enabled, and "SPL" just Digital Clipping Protection Disabled?

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HelixPCTool.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	9221

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by schmittmj99 View Post
    Nick,

First off, nice video. Looking forward to more of them.

I did notice that on my P Six DSP MK2 that I don't have the "Digital Clipping Protection" on the DCM tab. I do have "Amplifier Configuration, Dynamic Headroom Management" though on the DCM tab. Would you be able to explain this? It looks like any of the newer units (version 3s) use the Digital Clipping Protection and the older units (version 2s and earlier) use the Dynamic Headroom Management. Are these the same thing, just renamed on the newer units? Is "SQ" just Digital Clipping Protection Enabled, and "SPL" just Digital Clipping Protection Disabled?

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HelixPCTool.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	9221
    Im not 100% sure. I dont think its the same because when you click from SQ to SPL to actually changes the volume of the respective channel. I have asked before, and tbh i think the answer was as simple as "just more power". Dont quote me on that though.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    As of posting this, i still have not recorded the Main tab, and will be doing that one on my own. If you have anything specific that you would like to know for that video, now is the time to tell me

Thank you for these. If you are still planning on making more of these, I'd love to see a video discussing the value of being able to EQ the outputs, and then EQ'ing the virtual channels as a whole using the new software, and if able, some discussion of the newer sound FX menu and the options there, and in what instances they might be helpful (I've been having issues with the staging effects actually narrowing my soundstage, and the bass expander causing all kinds of weird noises with regular singing).

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Nick

I am not done with these videos. just been VERY busy the past few weeks. Been at the shop till at least 2am every day for the past 2 or 3 weeks.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Thank you for this video Nick. I'm especially thankful now that I actually have a Helix. Don't worry I'm not going to mess up your tune. Which is perfect by the way. I have been adding presets to see how I like the stage expanders. Now that I know what presets I am going to keep, I need to know how to eliminate the ones not needed. Please give me a few pointers. You sort of eluded to it around the 14 minute mark. Also I think you mentioned about re-ordering them as well.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    Thank you for this video Nick. I'm especially thankful now that I actually have a Helix. Don't worry I'm not going to mess up your tune. Which is perfect by the way. I have been adding presets to see how I like the stage expanders. Now that I know what presets I am going to keep, I need to know how to eliminate the ones not needed. Please give me a few pointers. You sort of eluded to it around the 14 minute mark. Also I think you mentioned about re-ordering them as well.
    Thanks, and I'll add those to the next video

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk