Thread: If you had a choice between Infinity Kappa 900 – 6X9, or Audio Frog GB60....

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    2016 Colorado Crew

If you had a choice between Infinity Kappa 900 – 6X9, or Audio Frog GB60....

If you had a choice between Infinity Kappa 900 – 6X9, or Audio Frog GB60, to be installed in your front lower doors, which would you choose? (3-way + Sub)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: If you had a choice between Infinity Kappa 900 – 6X9, or Audio Frog GB60....

Tough choice given that the Infinity has no published xmax spec. If using in a 3way as a bass only driver my criteria is to try and get as much surface area + xmax with a low FS and QTS suitable for the enclosure. FOr car audio infinite baffle usage my preference is QTS close to .5.

The infinity would seem the better choice given it should play lower (lower FS, and larger surface area), but without knowing the excursion it is hard to know when you might hit the limitations for output. Both options seem rather pricey for a small bandwidth, but I have never seen a reasonably price 6x9 that lists xmax specifications. I have a car that accepts 6x9's in the doors so I am always hunting myself.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Nick

Re: If you had a choice between Infinity Kappa 900 – 6X9, or Audio Frog GB60....

The kappa seems more comparable to the GS690, not the GB60. Seems to be closer to a 1" coil just like the GS, not 2" like the GB Considering that, i think the choice is obvious

edit. Ummm... yikes. as you can see it has pretty poor frequency response, not that its a huge deal in a 3 way, but that does hint at a higher chance of having poor non-linear distortion

https://www.infinityspeakers.com/on/...00%20(ENG).pdf