Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Helix Director touch screen not working anyone have similar issue ?

1. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    2016 Hellcat Challenger

Re: Helix Director touch screen not working anyone have similar issue ?

My Director is (still) really wonky. It'll work great for awhile, then it'll seize up even after the initial loosening of the screws. I thought it was heat related, but that's not always the case. It's definately a handy piece of equipment in my system, but the bugs are pissing me off...
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat with the HK audio system upgraded with: Pac AmpPRO, Helix DSP.3 with Director, Focal Utopia Be tweeters, 3.5 Utopia M mids, Morel Elate Titanium 602 woofers, (2) Audiofrog GB12D2 subs, Mosconi AS200.4 and AS100.4 courtesy of Apicella Auto Sound

2. Back To Top    #22

Quote Originally Posted by thedynoguy View Post
    I have no idea if this is what yours is doing, but I had the same issue right after I bought it new last year. I talked to Doug at MSA and he said that Helix had an issue at production where the screws holding the board to the frame (inside the unit) were too tight and causing the issue. I took mine apart and loosened the 4 screws that hold the board in and my problem went away. Might be worth a try.
    I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to thank thedynoguy for posting this! I recently bought a new DSP.3 and Director, the Director appeared stuck on the version warning screen. I couldn't press "ok" to acknowledge the message, so I couldn't even get it to update or connect to the dsp no matter what I tried. I was suspecting the touchscreen was faulty, this thread turned up in a google search.

This morning I opened it up, backed-off the display board screws half a turn and the touchscreen started working! I was able to update it and connect to the DSP no problem, works like a charm now. Saved me from having to deal with a warranty claim.
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Vehicle
    2016 Hellcat Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by goatpanda View Post
    I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to thank thedynoguy for posting this! I recently bought a new DSP.3 and Director, the Director appeared stuck on the version warning screen. I couldn't press "ok" to acknowledge the message, so I couldn't even get it to update or connect to the dsp no matter what I tried. I was suspecting the touchscreen was faulty, this thread turned up in a google search.

This morning I opened it up, backed-off the display board screws half a turn and the touchscreen started working! I was able to update it and connect to the DSP no problem, works like a charm now. Saved me from having to deal with a warranty claim.
    Glad it helped! Doug said that AF figured out this problem and modified their assembly procedure quite awhile ago to remedy this issue. Looks like another one got through though.
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat with the HK audio system upgraded with: Pac AmpPRO, Helix DSP.3 with Director, Focal Utopia Be tweeters, 3.5 Utopia M mids, Morel Elate Titanium 602 woofers, (2) Audiofrog GB12D2 subs, Mosconi AS200.4 and AS100.4 courtesy of Apicella Auto Sound

4. Back To Top    #24
    Vehicle
    2018 Genesis G80 sport

Doug,

Having same director touchscreen issue. Tried backing screws off to no avail. Sometimes the touchscreen works and others it doesn't. Had it for about 10 months or so and just started a month ago acting up. Have updated firmware and and software as well. Any other suggestions or instructions on how I can get an RMA to return unit for sefvicing.

5. Back To Top    #25

Wow! I was about to sell my director that I purchased used but I tried lossening the screws. Now my director is working perfectly!