Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helix Director touch screen not working anyone have similar issue ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Helix Director touch screen not working anyone have similar issue ?

My director seems to have a failed touchscreen, it got intermittent for a while and now it doesn't respond at all.
    So the only thing my director can do is adjust subwoofer volume with the knob, since that is thankfully where it got "stuck".

Just wondering if this was a normal failure mode, and that there isn't some way to "reset" it or fix it ?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Re: Helix Director touch screen not working anyone have similar issue ?

Have you pulled the Director round plug from the DSP and re-inserted? Also do the same on the Director itself with the other end of that cable (multi pin connector). Either the cable is bad or your director is. This is not a normal failure.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah I just had some things apart this weekend so everything was unplugged and replugged. I think its just bad based on the failure mode. Sucks, because i bought it used about a year ago so no warranty or anything.

4. Back To Top    #4

Is it worth trying to get it repaired ? I don't have any relationship with a Helix dealer. They are $300 on ebay which isn't cheap but I'd be surprised if I could get it fixed for less than that.

5. Back To Top    #5

Try hitting up Doug at MSC America. See what he says. I had a similar issue a year ago. Sent it in and I think they reflashed it to get it working.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Nick

Does the knob still work?

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes the knob works fine for gain and push to mute, and I still connect the PC through it. It is just stuck on the volume/subwoofer volume screen, touchscreen doesn't respond so I can't use any other functions.
    I actually bought this from you about a year ago (used item), no knock as it worked fine for the first 5 months. I always wondered how you put your logo on the screen, must be something custom you have access to.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2016 Hellcat Challenger

I have no idea if this is what yours is doing, but I had the same issue right after I bought it new last year. I talked to Doug at MSA and he said that Helix had an issue at production where the screws holding the board to the frame (inside the unit) were too tight and causing the issue. I took mine apart and loosened the 4 screws that hold the board in and my problem went away. Might be worth a try.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    Yes the knob works fine for gain and push to mute, and I still connect the PC through it. It is just stuck on the volume/subwoofer volume screen, touchscreen doesn't respond so I can't use any other functions.
    I actually bought this from you about a year ago (used item), no knock as it worked fine for the first 5 months. I always wondered how you put your logo on the screen, must be something custom you have access to.
    So you can or cant adjust volume?

As far as the logo, you do that with the firmware update tool. Speaking of which, maybe try updating the firmware

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by thedynoguy View Post
    I have no idea if this is what yours is doing, but I had the same issue right after I bought it new last year. I talked to Doug at MSA and he said that Helix had an issue at production where the screws holding the board to the frame (inside the unit) were too tight and causing the issue. I took mine apart and loosened the 4 screws that hold the board in and my problem went away. Might be worth a try.
    This is what I was thinking until i saw that it seems like the volume isnt working either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk