1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Resonix Review

Hey all,

Sound Deadening review.

If you are looking for an excellent performing product, that by far is the best I have ever used in 20+ years, take a look at Resonix. ResoNix Sound Solutions – Premium Automotive Sound Treatment Solutions

As a DIYer / Competitor / SQ judge, I've always looked at the best bargain in the sound control dept. Well, after looking at samples and chatting with Nick Apicella who's the brains behinds the products, I was sold.

Now, price. YES, they have a premium cost! However, the performance of the products I used this past weekend were an absolute breeze to work with and performance in my opinion Trump's the costs.

CLD squares.

One word. Wow.

• The foil is so ridgid and the fact that there are no logo makes life easy for those with OCD.
    • Foil never tore under pressure even with a hard roller. That really impressed me!
    • One thing I would recommend is to acclimatize the CLD to 70° for atleast 24-48hours before use. I had the CLD squares in my cold garage for months and ended up making a warming box to speed up the acclimatize process.
    • Butyl is nice and thick and the adhesive is slightly forgiving but once pressure is applied, good luck removing it.
    • The backing paper never tore
    • I did have to use a heat gun in spots, but this is expected, given the product foil/butyl thicknesses.

Rope

• Butyl was thick, ridgid and pliable
    • The backing paper was bit of a challenge and tore once in a while.

5mm CCF(Close Cell Foam)

This product was an absolute joy to work with. The sponge and memory retention was perfect.

• Adhesive was probably the best I have ever used.
    • The Backing paper never tore and was easy to make shapes
    Last edited by avidedtr; 02-03-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Nick

Re: Resonix Review

Glad you like it. We really tried to make a great product that tops everything else. I think we succeeded

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk