Thread: What is the Helix 'ACO Platform' ?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    2016 Colorado Crew

What is the Helix 'ACO Platform' ?

I have a Helix DSP Pro MK2, but have been thinking about getting the DSP Ultra.

I have no Idea what ACO does or What it means... I looked on the AF web-site, but didn't find anything.

What is the difference between an 'ACO Platform/ACO connection', from the older style of the Helix Platforms?

If a thread has been created to explain this, please post that link.....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is the Helix 'ACO Platform' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brego View Post
    I have a Helix DSP Pro MK2, but have been thinking about getting the DSP Ultra.

I have no Idea what ACO does or What it means... I looked on the AF web-site, but didn't find anything.

What is the difference between an 'ACO Platform/ACO connection', from the older style of the Helix Platforms?

If a thread has been created to explain this, please post that link.....
    Hope this helps... This is a copy and paste from audiotec-fischer from the DSP.3:

ACO – Advanced 32 Bit platform
    Logically the DSP.3 is now equipped with the new, extraordinary powerful 32 Bit ACO (Advanced CoProcessor) platform. This takes over all monitoring tasks and provides a decisive speed increase particularly in data communication with our DSP PC-Tool software, but also when switching between different sound setups in only 300 msec. In addition, the ACO offers 10 internal memory locations for sound setups instead of the usual two as well as an integrated, channel-separated Input EQ and our Input Signal Analyzer (ISA) for easy analysis and compensation of input signals. By doing so it is possible to de-equalize any ex-factory sound tunings which significantly simplifies the integration of several signal sources.

OR

Extra speed – thanks to ACO
    Faster is better – the particularly powerful 32 Bit ACO platform takes over all control tasks and ensures the decisive speed increase, especially for data communication with our DSP PC-Tool software but also for the lightning-fast switching between up to ten sound setups. But ACO offers much more – fantastic sound effects such as Augmented Bass Processing or RealCenter are implemented as well as a channel-separated Input EQ including the Input Signal Analyzer (ISA) for easy analysis and compensation of input signals of OE radios.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    2016 Colorado Crew

Hey, great. Thank You !!

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure I believe the 300msec switching speed though - my DSP.3 still takes a few seconds to switch between tunes... Unless I'm doing something wrong? I *wish* it did switch even faster for better A/B comparisons. Is anyone else able to switch between tunes in less than a second??

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    I'm not sure I believe the 300msec switching speed though - my DSP.3 still takes a few seconds to switch between tunes... Unless I'm doing something wrong? I *wish* it did switch even faster for better A/B comparisons. Is anyone else able to switch between tunes in less than a second??
    If you disable "remote out turns off on switch" its much quicker. When your switching profiles now its shutting down your amps as well. Disable that and it's nearly instant

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    If you disable "remote out turns off on switch" its much quicker. When your switching profiles now its shutting down your amps as well. Disable that and it's nearly instant

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Hmm, I actually do have that disabled already (setting is set to "OFF").. Mine definitely takes a few seconds to switch though. I'll have to mess with some settings to see if I can make it switch quicker somehow.