Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What does "Klippel Verified" mean?

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: What does "Klippel Verified" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    So many dirty jokes lingering and so little time
    Be honest. You know you've got plenty of time.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Be honest. You know you've got plenty of time.
    Meh, my mind went to the gutter

Now moving on...
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    T/S parameters vary depending on the way they are captured. Some companies derive this based on a simple sweep. Some companies will apply a stimulus to the driver for X time and then obtain the data via a sweep. Even something simple as how the driver is fixed during the test can alter the results. Good manufacturers will tell you how that value is derived.
    All of the above and to make it even more confusing the T/S parameters that are published on websites are sometimes measured right off the assembly line so when you take them home and use them for a while the suspension will loosen up a little bit and the numbers will shift. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't change your box design, but having the numbers be so different can feel really discouraging.

And .... some companies, realizing a single speaker isn't always a good representation of the assembly line and all the little variances and tolerances over time, will take a few random samples and then average the data from these random speakers.

What you end up with is better average of what typically comes off the production line, but the T/S parameters are based on a fictional speaker that doesn't exist. This is when you can have problems typing the numbers into WinISD or BassBoxPRO and the software will complain about a sanity check or a consistency check failing.

A better way to do this is to measure a bunch of random samples and then choose the speaker that is the best-fit to the average of the group. This one single speaker is then usually saved on a shelf as the "golden sample" to which that speaker model can be compared against for the entire life of the product, sometimes for a decade or more.

So yeah, the more detailed companies will tell you how they found the numbers and that's always a small blessing!
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

4. Back To Top    #14

Very cool, Justin. That's a huge step in the right direction especially for us DIY'ers. Mad props for helping to get this type of certification standard implemented. :thumbsup:

I know that several of the Alpine and Polk Audio drivers & subwoofers I've used in the past would specifically state in their "bullet points" in marketing material that they used FEA & The Klippel Analyzer to develop the drivers.

IIRC, one was the Alpine SPX-17PRO component set, and another, the 1st Gen Polk Audio MM-series subwoofers. But that's a fairly vague statement compared to what your Klippel Certification states.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi
    Attachment 9091

The date of effective terms on that page, October 2018, is when the Klippel Data usage was introduced as a way to show that measurement data and reports made using the Klippel hardware were something a little more special than normal. Fun fact: this is something I helped create : )

Attachment 9092

Wait....what's the 3rd requirement?? I only see #1, #2 and A,B,C

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
    3) Must sacrifice your first born
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

7. Back To Top    #17
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

hmmm .... that's odd
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

8. Back To Top    #18

Well, one thing is for sure... that's the part that Justin didn't help with.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I read it to mean that #3 is either A, B, or C

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name