Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does "Klippel Verified" mean?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Post What does "Klippel Verified" mean?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 795
Size:  27.4 KB

This thing circled in the above photo is really interesting. This logo can be attached to individual speakers and it is certified for each model. In short, it means that Klippel hardware was used in the development of the particular model and Klippel hardware is ALSO used at the end of the assembly line as a quality check before every single speaker is put into a box and sold.

Rockford Fosgate co-created this certification program with Klippel to demonstrate that some speakers have more care put into them than others. This is a very high level of quality control that I have not seen before and I'm excited to be a part of it now. You can read more about that story here:
    https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/news...certification/

You can also see what the requirements are to have the logo associated with a speaker here:
    https://www.klippel.de/support/advertise-with-klippel.html

The date of effective terms on that page, October 2018, is when the Klippel Data usage was introduced as a way to show that measurement data and reports made using the Klippel hardware were something a little more special than normal. Fun fact: this is something I helped create : )

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 607
Size:  25.8 KB
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Re: What does "Klippel Verified" mean?

This is very cool stuff. It's nice to see some of the industry pushing for equal and above-board testing that allows the customers to compare apples to apples. I realize this is strictly a speaker verification, but can this or a similar type of testing be used to validate other equipment specs? Amplifiers, headunits, etc?

I would love to see testing like this squeeze some of the garbage off of the store shelves. Good post!

3. Back To Top    #3

So the T/S parameters are demonstrably true.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    So the T/S parameters are demonstrably true.
    Is that right? I heard they can be fudged or at least ignored completely. Lol.
    I'm honestly not sure if I can completely trust T/S parameters. Am I just overthinking it?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    I'm honestly not sure if I can completely trust T/S parameters. Am I just overthinking it?
    If in some ISO 9000 sense they say they are using klipple, then that is something!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Someone I know who used to work close with Pioneer said all you need to know about their car subwoofers is to put them in this size box and be happy. Something about keeping you in the dark on purpose.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #7

T/S parameters vary depending on the way they are captured. Some companies derive this based on a simple sweep. Some companies will apply a stimulus to the driver for X time and then obtain the data via a sweep. Even something simple as how the driver is fixed during the test can alter the results. Good manufacturers will tell you how that value is derived.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

8. Back To Top    #8

This is very cool stuff. It's nice to see some of the industry pushing for equal and above-board testing that allows the customers to compare apples to apples. I realize this is strictly a speaker verification, but can this or a similar type of testing be used to validate other equipment specs? Amplifiers, headunits, etc?

I would love to see testing like this squeeze some of the garbage off of the store shelves. Good post!
    There's the CEA-2006 standard used for amplifiers. I don't know all it entails but you can read about it here: http://www.cea2006.com/cea2006.htm

AFAIK that's it for electronics standards. Not sure what else is out there.

Follow my blog:

9. Back To Top    #9

Hey, maybe I need to look in to getting Klippel Certified.

Follow my blog:

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Hey, maybe I need to look in to getting Klippel Certified.
    So many dirty jokes lingering and so little time
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.