Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which 6.5" coaxials?

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Re: Which 6.5" coaxials?

technically the 6.5 will not sound as good as the 6x9 because nothing replaces displacement when speaking of mid bass Especially when you're talking about the same class speaker.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

I understand this. What I meant is that the sound that the speaker produces will be similar in quality based on the same materials used in the construction of the speaker itself. And I've heard 6.5s that sound just as good as a 6x9. Maybe they don't get as low as a 6x9, but sounding as good is different than saying a speaker will play a wider range of frequencies. The 3.5in I run in my dash sound just as clear and loud as the 6x9s in the door. Both use the same cone, tweeter, and basket materials.

He was asking for our opinions of a decent sounding 6.5 coaxial to use for rear-fill. Mid-bass isn't a predominant task for rear-fill, so what I suggested I believe will suffice.

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird61801 View Post
    Thanks. I have 6 presets to work with on the DSP so that sounds like a good starting point if I did want to try them in a rear fill capacity.
    Lots of good reviews on the pioneer D series. The new version and the old. For a hundred bucks why not.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I'm sure you'll be happy with the Pioneer D-Series. Like I said, I haven't used the newer ones, but I've used (still use - they are in my "other" car) the Pioneer TS-D1702R - and the TS-D6902R - and I love those speakers. They are bass monsters....

4. Back To Top    #14

JBL GT0629 is a very nice coaxial speaker.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Quote Originally Posted by big_way32 View Post
    JBL GT0629 is a very nice coaxial speaker.
    I was quite amazed how good this series of speakers sound. The 3.5 and 6x9s in my set-up are doing the job quite well! For the price, can't beat'em as far as I'm concerned. I bought extra sets just to keep on-hand.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    Corolla

I've used these Morel 6.5" coaxials a couple of times and they sound pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all