Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Headunit not powering on

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: New Headunit not powering on

They also sell those little yellow Bussman car fuse testers - you can check fuses quickly and easily without pulling each fuse out. Only cost a few dollars - quickest way to check car fuses....

2. Back To Top    #12

usually the radio/ignition circuit is one fuse and there's usually another circuit and fuse for maintaining clocks/presets.

the latter's usually something like the domelight and/or cigarette lighter.

that said, check your domelight and/or cigarette lighter, see if they work and check those fuses as well.

3. Back To Top    #13

I appreciate everyone's time and attention. It turned out to be 2 fuses, one under the hood, and the other under the dash. Thanks for making me look beyond my own pissed-off-ed-ness, and get back to the basics.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Glad you got it sorted out and had minimal collateral damage. Always a good idea to step back and calm down so you can troubleshoot in a logical way.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Glad you got it sorted out and had minimal collateral damage. Always a good idea to step back and calm down so you can troubleshoot in a logical way.
    That's for sure.