Thread: opinions n gladen amplifiers

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    barry Louis Frasier
    Vehicle
    2016 ford f150 xlt

opinions n gladen amplifiers

im narrowing my list down to a few,gladen I have no experience with and havent found any reviews abut them on herein particularXS-75c6 - Gladen 6-Channel 740W RMS, im going for sound quality as id like to try a competition and see if its something I want do on a regular basis,im still gathering information on equipment and saving so I can make my purchases when ive made my final decision as to what equipment im going to used am open to suggestions for there amps in this price range of 1000 or less, thank you for any input you guys can give

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: opinions n gladen amplifiers

Ground zero uranium with adjustable bias should be added to your short list

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    barry Louis Frasier
    Vehicle
    2016 ford f150 xlt

awesome, thank you
    \

4. Back To Top    #4

only complaints i've heard about gladen amps is floor noise. staggered power looks nice.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

My Gladen One amps (aka Mosconi One series) were dead silent for floor noise even with gains all the way up. That's kinda alarming to hear how some of them are noisy. As for 6ch amps that seem to sound pretty good I'd consider the JL XD600/6 also. Considering you mentioned a 6ch amp in your original post are you looking mainly at 6ch amps or is that just one that caught your eye for the sake of flexibility? Also, I have no experience with this amp but the Helix M-Six looks like a nice option due to Helix's track record of making pretty good sounding amps.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #6
    New Car... Stock Stereo

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Dustin

Given current pricing around $700, I would say the XS-75c6 is a good deal for what you get. As Nick mentioned, that line of Gladen amps can have some noise floor issues, so just make sure you're feeding plenty of input voltage. If you are wanting to stick with AB, the Zapco ST-6X SQ might be the only better value available.

The GZ Uranium mentioned is a beautiful amplifier, but you're at a completely different price point here. I haven't actually heard one in use, but I have no doubt it is an outstanding performer.
    New Truck | No System
    2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    barry Louis Frasier
    Vehicle
    2016 ford f150 xlt

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    My Gladen One amps (aka Mosconi One series) were dead silent for floor noise even with gains all the way up. That's kinda alarming to hear how some of them are noisy. As for 6ch amps that seem to sound pretty good I'd consider the JL XD600/6 also. Considering you mentioned a 6ch amp in your original post are you looking mainly at 6ch amps or is that just one that caught your eye for the sake of flexibility? Also, I have no experience with this amp but the Helix M-Six looks like a nice option due to Helix's track record of making pretty good sounding amps.
    im looking for 6 channel amps for my Midbass/mids and highs,im looking for mono amps for my sub which is the fi q 12 Neo the rms is 1750,the components im thinking about are the Dynaudio esotan 6.5 3 ways
    Last edited by Lou; 01-21-2020 at 08:16 PM.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Eric

+1 for both Helix and Zapco.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    barry Louis Frasier
    Vehicle
    2016 ford f150 xlt

in doing more research last night I came to the conclusion to go with the zapco amps and the helix dsp 3 which im gonna get from nick