Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Does Your House Look Like?

1. Back To Top    #41
    Real Name
    Eric

Re: What Does Your House Look Like?

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Look up the franchise agreement for your county. Went through this a few years back, I also work from home and was stuck with 1.5mb DSL, it's useless for anything. Comcast ran to the pole in the neighbor's yard, but they refused to extend the line to me (about 400' or so). After much back and forth, with various reasons why they could not extend it, power supplies needing to upgraded, no capacity on the line etc they agreed to install it if I paid several thousand.

Meantime, i had been looking into the franchise agreement between Comcast and the county. Eventually the county supervisor sends me a copy that basically says they have to provide access if there are more than 12 houses (might have been 8) per mile. Anyway, I basically squeaked in due to that requirement and they eventually ran the service along the entire road.

Went from less than 1mbps download to 300+ on wired connections and just now on my phone getting 165 wirelessly while the kids are streaming a video. Of course, the bad side is that i'm stuck with Comcast, although to be fair it's been reliable service, I just hate the constant creeping up of the bill. The only alternatives are 10mbps with DSL or satellite.

Might not work out for you, but worth the call to the county.
    Great bit of info there, I'll definitely look into it!

2. Back To Top    #42

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    That house is beautiful but Webster isn't all peaches. I got got kicked out of my condo there for having minorities at my house and in the community. It was 20 years ago though
    What do you mean kicked out for having minorities at your house and in the community exactly?

3. Back To Top    #43

I'm not going to go to ot. But it was a gated community and I moved in from the city. My friends would visit. 3 times the cops got called because there was drug dealings going on. We were really drinking beers and playing darts. But the community seen a "type" and made the calls. The cops actually sat there hanging out with us one night. He told us why he felt they were really getting called. A couple weeks later I got an eviction notice.

4. Back To Top    #44

I'm not going to go to ot. But it was a gated community and I moved in from the city. My friends would visit. 3 times the cops got called because there was drug dealings going on. We were really drinking beers and playing darts. But the community seen a "type" and made the calls. The cops actually sat there hanging out with us one night. He told us why he felt they were really getting called. A couple weeks later I got an eviction notice.
    What, I live in the deep south and never heard of that kind of thing. I mean I could understand if you were repeatedly disturbing the peace.

5. Back To Top    #45

Western New York, Buffalo-Rochester(Webster is a suburb) is constantly in the top ten of most prejudice areas/cities in the country.

6. Back To Top    #46

Rochester for a time had the the 3rd most millionaires per capita. In a small city that creates a big divide.

Buffalo is almost completely segregated. By geographical
    side. It's strange.

Let's not comment on this anymore in this thread. Start a new one or PM. Thanks
    Last edited by Theslaking; 01-19-2020 at 08:37 PM.

7. Back To Top    #47

Rochester for a time had the the 3rd most millionaires per capita. In a small city that creates a big divide.

Buffalo is almost completely segregated. By geographical
    side. It's strange.
    There are lots of millionaires where I live and that still wouldn't fly. I'm not big on suing people but I would of sued their ass for all they were worth.

8. Back To Top    #48

Let's not comment on this anymore in this thread. Start a new one or PM. Thanks
    Good Call...
    New Car... Stock Stereo

9. Back To Top    #49

Ours at night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	night.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	8977