Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gz sq 2way component problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Gz sq 2way component problem

hallo to everyone.
    i recently bought the ground zero gzuk sq-2. I have a problem with that system. the tweeters fade out and even almost competely mute when playing loud.... what i understoud is that that . that small yellow button shaped thermistor cut the tweeters.... but for my taste it happens too soon.... i play my speakers with a mosconi one 250.2..... the gain i suppose is ok but stiil even if it is loude than it should its a 130rms system and each component is much bigger in rms... the midbass is 120rms and the tweeter 50rms ..... so what if a just bypassed the thermistor by connecting its two ''legs'' ? i suppose its connected to the positive of the tweeter in parallel... the way it works is if bugger than rated current passes through it , it gets hot and the ressistance increses....
    please forgive my typing mistakes.... thank you in advance for every help.

also, another problem i have with the mosconi. When playing also at loud volumes the mosconi cuts in and out, without going in protection... and i have to volume down... its anoying... i play the 2 way system plus an extra midwoofer ground zero sqx 6.5'' at each chanel.. 1.9 ohms each ch. the gain is at 3/4. i cant even imagine i overcurrent the peakers since he rms now is 250 each chanel of the speaekers and the moscni at 2 ohm output 34 rms... cant accept 90rms more make the problem....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79545324_708212986371332_6883085674849763328_n.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	8880

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gz sq 2way component problem

The extra woofer if after the passive will make the crossover point way off! it’s very possible that your screwing the impedence up and making it below where it should be, like nearer 1.33ohms, that could explain the amp cutting in and out... or if it’s in parallel with the crossover it won’t be crossed over so again it may be messing with the amp at certain freqs

the gain sounds like it’s a fair bit high unless you have a 1v preout headunit also, tbh it sounds like you don’t really have much of a clue about setting up a system and maybe should see about finding someone trusted that’s local to set it up and also check your wiring stuff correctly as the dual 6.5” sounds like a mess tbh!

as for bypassing the tweeter protection, it’s there for a reason, I would leave it as you are blatantly over powering the set in the first place and probably clipping the daylights out of it, so I’d say you need to learn a fair bit about setting things up and appropriate ways to wire stuff, maybe get another smaller amp and go active with the dual midbass on a bandpass and the tweeters high passed correctly

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

I agree with dumdum. If you bypass the tweeter protection then you may blow the tweeter. Make sure the crossovers aren’t in a location that can get excessively hot either as that will only exacerbate the problem. The truth about most tweeters is they don’t need much more than 8 watts of power to keep with most systems, even if their thermal rating is 100 wpc.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

4. Back To Top    #4

if you're bi-amping the crossover and using a DSP, i'd cross the tweeter higher (like 4khz) and/or a 24db/octave slope. this will cut out some of the lower frequency energy.

i would still include/use the passive crossover. think of the PTC as a diaper.

i had the same challenge with my c3cx tweeters and passive crossovers. i crossed mine at 4khz/24db and never tripped the PTC again.

mosconi has some clipping protection that drops out the signal instead of passing it along to the output(s)

5. Back To Top    #5

Trust me a know what i am doing... the exta midbass speakers are in parrallel with 2way system. The ohmsnare 1.9 each chanell. But even when i tryed with a 4.2 ohm load i had the same problems.... why would i add extra speakers tonthe crossover? That way to dump to do....i know the basics mate! And yes i have a 0.5v preout headunit UNFORTYNATELY....not even 1 v. .... i cant afford another amp now... the mosconi and the gz speakers are the least that cost me.... i have already passes 300p euro so i am.trying to figure out whats the case....

6. Back To Top    #6

In the meantime, turn the volume down. You’re clipping a signal into the dsp so it’s dropping out.

maybe build a 4khz/12db slope passive crossover for your tweeters, in-line with your GZ-provided passive crossover.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    In the meantime, turn the volume down. You’re clipping a signal into the dsp so it’s dropping out.

maybe build a 4khz/12db slope passive crossover for your tweeters, in-line with your GZ-provided passive crossover.
    he has no dsp

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by wwiimaniac View Post
    Trust me a know what i am doing... the exta midbass speakers are in parrallel with 2way system. The ohmsnare 1.9 each chanell. But even when i tryed with a 4.2 ohm load i had the same problems.... why would i add extra speakers tonthe crossover? That way to dump to do....i know the basics mate! And yes i have a 0.5v preout headunit UNFORTYNATELY....not even 1 v. .... i cant afford another amp now... the mosconi and the gz speakers are the least that cost me.... i have already passes 300p euro so i am.trying to figure out whats the case....
    what headunit is it?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Not sure but a PoS at .5v pre out

First thing you should save up for next is replacing it.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
    Not sure but a PoS at .5v pre out

First thing you should save up for next is replacing it.
    a 50 dollar second hand basic pioneer would be 2v preouts, maybe even 4v