Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tidal Play lists - Lets share

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Tidal Play lists - Lets share

Quote Originally Posted by Audiogal View Post
    Ya that is correct, which is unfortunate. I was looking at a MS Surface Pro 7 to use in my car so I could play tunes and access the Helix DSP software from the same device however since the Pro 7 uses a PC operating system I could not download Tidal music, so I was bummed
    i just bought a Lenovo android tablet (I reckon it was a return from a catalogue type place) from a recycler, 256gb sd card inserted and away I go cost me £110 all in (about $135 I reckon) purely for the reason of being able to download

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Eric

If you will be using Tidals "download" Store, please share how the process goes... whether you have to download an entire album or can get individual tracks, for example. Like I said, I'm just hesitant to sign up for a service without knowing the structure.

3. Back To Top    #13

In Tidal you can download a full album if you like and/or you can assign a single song you like to a playlist that you create. You can then download the playlist to your device. That is about all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    If you will be using Tidals "download" Store, please share how the process goes... whether you have to download an entire album or can get individual tracks, for example. Like I said, I'm just hesitant to sign up for a service without knowing the structure.
    Just having fun playing in the car audio sandbox!

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    You just find an album and add it to favourites so it’s on your list but available offline... or you can hit download which selects favourites and downloads it to your device, you can’t take it off your device however, you can’t for example put it on a usb stick and play it elsewhere, you also can’t download to windows devices, only stream and create a favourites list

you can also add single tracks to a playlist and just favourite single tracks also

i love my tidal account and tried amazon, but if you download single tracks it added the album to your album list and yet it contained a single album, so downloading a 60 song playlist made sixty albums pop up each with 60 single tracks in them which sucked

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I think this is what mumbles was talkin about. This is separate from the streaming app. You can buy full albums.
    https://store.tidal.com/us/
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    I think this is what mumbles was talkin about. This is separate from the streaming app. You can buy full albums.
    Cool, I had no idea. Thanks for sharing !!
    Just having fun playing in the car audio sandbox!

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    Yeah, didn't quite explain it properly

8. Back To Top    #18

Not sure how legal it is and I do question my ethics in using it, but look up Audfree tidal convertor.
    I almost hesitate to keep posting about it because I wonder how long it will last, but another forum post turned me on to it so I'm spreading the love.

It allows you to download songs/albums/playlists from Tidal and convert them to your preferred format. For me that is WAV files that I then put on my USB and can play anywhere. My equipment can't play better than 44/96, but the convertor will create WAV files higher resoluton than that.
    It might be audiophile placebo, but I feel that some of their Master quality/MQA recordings seem to sound better even at 44/96 WAV than a CD of the same recording.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    Not sure how legal it is and I do question my ethics in using it, but look up Audfree tidal convertor.
    I almost hesitate to keep posting about it because I wonder how long it will last, but another forum post turned me on to it so I'm spreading the love.

It allows you to download songs/albums/playlists from Tidal and convert them to your preferred format. For me that is WAV files that I then put on my USB and can play anywhere. My equipment can't play better than 44/96, but the convertor will create WAV files higher resoluton than that.
    It might be audiophile placebo, but I feel that some of their Master quality/MQA recordings seem to sound better even at 44/96 WAV than a CD of the same recording.
    Nice, I'll have to look into that...

BTW, Nice Mustang in your avatar! Looks like a RestoMod? Maybe you could start a thread about it or PM me directly?

10. Back To Top    #20

>BTW, Nice Mustang in your avatar!

Thanks - I built that from scratch. Well, technically I started with a '67 coupe, but by the time I was done the roof, a-pillars, and doors were the only things left. Its a custom tube chassis and roll cage with road race suspension, 15" engine setback 315/335 tires, 4" ride height, and I widened the whole car 2" on either side and built the hood, valence, rockers, end caps and more from scratch out of aluminum. 427" twin turbo, dry sumped, all aluminum Ford small block. AFter 20 years of obsessively building on it I just got tired of the struggle and sold it last year. So fabricating and installing stereo equipment is a pretty easy deal for me these days, and quite cheap in comparison although I waste most of my money on bicycles. If you're more deeply interested than that you can PM me, I used to love that stuff. I live in well off area near Seattle, and even the fanciest sports cars barely even turn my head now, my interest level just evaporated at some point. I guess that's what happens when you grow old ! I never did put a stereo or even a radio in it, I could never decide if I just wanted a couple co-axials and a cheap amp or something more exotic.