Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doitor falls off the wagon....again. Mazda 6 Grand Touring daily SQ system.

1. Back To Top    #1

Doitor falls off the wagon....again. Mazda 6 Grand Touring daily SQ system.

Hi guys.
    After a long hiatus driving a car with a stock sound system, its time to get back in the game.
    Had a chance to go to Finals in Kentucky last year and the SQ bug bit again.
    This time around, the goal is to build a simple system to improve on the Bose system and Ill try to keep it all hidden and as OEM looking as possible.
    The victim this time around is a Mazda 6 Grand Touring Plus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	8839 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Interior.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	8838

Equipment will be:

HU: Keenwod Excelon DDX9905s with the dash cam. (drv-n520)
    Amp/Processor: Zapco ADSP-Z8 IV. Under the drivers sear. The controller will be hidden in the sunglass thingie on the headliner.
    Front Speakers: HAT Unity U3 in the corners of the dash (80 watts) and U6x9 2 ohms in the doors (120 watts).
    Sub: HAT Clarus 12 in an IB wall. (480 watts)
    Sound deadener: The car is pretty quiet compared to my previous daily, so I wont go crazy on this. Will do a basic job on the doors and trunk.

Name:	Equipment 1.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	8836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Equipment 2.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	8837

This will be a slooooow build, since I dont have a lot of free time.

J.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Doitor falls off the wagon....again. Mazda 6 Grand Touring daily SQ system.

Welcome back to the dark side

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Nice to see you around again Jorge. I've also loved a system that sounded really good but looked like nothing ever happened for the most part in the way of car audio. I bet this one checks all those boxes. Would love to chat with you again if we both make it to College Station this year.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Subscribed, I’m a big Mazda fan myself. Hoping for lots of pictures on this one.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Welcome Back.

off topic: Every time I see your s/n, I see you smiling in Glenn's Colorado...

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Jorge, can't wait to see this!
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Welcome back to the dark side
    But all is bright on the other side. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Nice to see you around again Jorge. I've also loved a system that sounded really good but looked like nothing ever happened for the most part in the way of car audio. I bet this one checks all those boxes. Would love to chat with you again if we both make it to College Station this year.
    Thats the plan. OEM plus. LOL.
    I do plan on going to College Station and Finals this year, so hope to see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Subscribed, I’m a big Mazda fan myself. Hoping for lots of pictures on this one.
    Ill take as many pictures as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    Welcome Back.

off topic: Every time I see your s/n, I see you smiling in Glenn's Colorado...
    Thanks.
    That colorado had some punch. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
    Jorge, can't wait to see this!
    Me too.

J.

8. Back To Top    #8

Started with the sound deadener on the doors.

Name:	Puerta 1.jpg 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	8866 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puerta 5.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	8870

Name:	Puerta 2.jpg 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	8867 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puerta 3.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	8868

Name:	Puerta 4.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	8869

Also added some to the trunk area.

Name:	Cajuela 1.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	8874 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cajuela 2.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	8875

J.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I've always been curious about the shallow Unity 6x9 since the 6x9 door pods in my Ram doors make most GOOD 6x9's unusable. Words can't describe how upset I was when I discovered my Audiofrog gs690's that did so well in my Grand Cherokee wouldn't work in my doors because the overly bulbous basket was hitting a window track support 2" inside the "pod". Look forward to getting my ears on yours.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

10. Back To Top    #10

heh, I remember his avatar on DIYmobileaudio - nice to see you here

Kelvin