Thread: Dayton AMTPOD-4 AMT $30 on PE DoTD

1. Back To Top    #1

Dayton AMTPOD-4 AMT $30 on PE DoTD

Parts Express Deal of the Day is a pair of Dayton AMTPOD-4 AMT tweeters for $30 and they also come with a set of free capacitors (which would be helpful in prevention of accidentally blowing them). That's about 40% off the normal price.

I haven’t run these myself but I know a few who have. Most seem to be happy with the price vs performance. Looking at the spec sheet (linked on the product page), there’s some non-linearities in the frequency response; however those appear to be uniform which indicate they can be EQ’d. I don’t think they’d work too well below maybe 5khz based on power recommendation and provided response. I’d probably err on the side of caution at 6khz. But, for $30 these may be a great way for someone to try an AMT design in a 3-way setup. Just figured I’d share.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	275-195_HR_0.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	8835
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Dayton AMTPOD-4 AMT $30 on PE DoTD

Some may remember when I ran these. Quite a few people seemed to like what they heard out of them. From personal experience I don't think I'd run them much below 7k crossed steep. And they shoot like laser pointers so mount on axis. I would honest to goodness run these again if the system design allowed it.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.