Thread: That other site is going from SQ to SPL

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

That other site is going from SQ to SPL

Noticed on that other site that I used to be more active at that there are a lot of new members and what I think I’m seeing are a lot of SPL related questions like alternator upgrades and box questions. So far things are staying civil over there but we’ll see how long that lasts. I have nothing against SPL in itself but the last place I was once part of was much more SPL oriented and it was often trolled by what seemed like angry knuckle draggers with small brains and a bad case of bipolar disorder.

Okay, that was my useless rant for the week.

Carry on.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: That other site is going from SQ to SPL

What other site?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    What other site?
    Knuckledraggers.com.au

4. Back To Top    #4

The new platform actually seems to be bringing a lot more new members, but the thread content and topics has gone down the shiter...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    The new platform actually seems to be bringing a lot more new members, but the thread content and topics has gone down the shiter...
    Locally the term is "down the S bend", as the shape of the trap forms an S.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Well, someone had to take our place after we left, lol. I do feel like DIYMA got sold to the devil when Ant took it over. Honestly don't think he gave a damn about it and bought it for the sole purpose of making money off of it just like the others who bought it from him did. I guess if all you car about is quantity for ad revenue the DIYMA owners nailed it.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #7

It's definitely a different community than when I first started there...

I can appreciate SPL. But it takes a lot of work to do it right.
    The problem is that (as mentioed above); most guys just go to Wal-mart and buy an amp because it says 10,000 WATTS on it.
    Then they match it with a pair of cheap 15" subs, and show-off to their buddies because they can make their license plate rattle...
    Sounds like shit... but that's their game.

I was sitting in Blockrocker's truck a few weeks back, and he cranked up his system... damn near crapped myself from the internal sound pressure.
    Nicely tuned sound quality, paired with bass like I'd never heard before! It was a VERY cool experience.
    New Car... Stock Stereo

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Thanks JimmyDee! SPL has been my forte for a long time and will always be my first love. Even my wife knows that. And believe me, I used to be that guy with the shit sound and shit-eating grin. In fact, I've done everything you shouldn't do at least once and generally learned the hard way. It has been places like this forum and r/carav that has helped bring my system full circle. Skiz, dumdum, Xthanatopsisx and others have taught me tonnes, even without them realizing it. Not to mention purchasing that DSP just blew me away and let me fall in love with the hobby all over again. Then add on top of that, meeting great local people like yourself to chat with really helps keep the enthusiasm strong.

The goal is 150db and top, top, top quality SQ. Still a long ways to go, but its a fun journey. I really appreciate the compliment JD!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    Thanks JimmyDee! SPL has been my forte for a long time and will always be my first love. Even my wife knows that. And believe me, I used to be that guy with the shit sound and shit-eating grin. In fact, I've done everything you shouldn't do at least once and generally learned the hard way. It has been places like this forum and r/carav that has helped bring my system full circle. Skiz, dumdum, Xthanatopsisx and others have taught me tonnes, even without them realizing it. Not to mention purchasing that DSP just blew me away and let me fall in love with the hobby all over again. Then add on top of that, meeting great local people like yourself to chat with really helps keep the enthusiasm strong.

The goal is 150db and top, top, top quality SQ. Still a long ways to go, but its a fun journey. I really appreciate the compliment JD!
    Yeah SPL done correctly can be a fun ride from time to time. I have big respect for the cars that don't have any rattles from the outside but open the door and the sound pressure from inside knocks you on your ass.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.