Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Volvo V60 T6 R-Design

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: 2015 Volvo V60 T6 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I messed with mids in a WRX one time, and with some aiming, the rainbow went away in there pretty quickly too. Had to tilt them more on axis because of being domes, but was a quick fix and sounded soooo good.
    Good to know, there appears to be a decent bit of room behind the door card so hopefully I can aim them without too much difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    Sweet new ride Ian! Looking forward to see/hear what you come up with
    Thanks, ideally I can get everything done before Jason's NC meet in May. We'll see how things go though. Windows getting tinted Monday, then I may call into a local shop just to see how much they might charge to get the speaker wire into the doors.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

LOVE LOVE LOVE Volvo's!!!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Volvo's!!!
    Want to help trying to get some wire into the doors?
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Want to help trying to get some wire into the doors?
    Yeah, no.....

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Nick

Saw your post about wiring through the molex on the other forum. My recommendation, remove the doors and make your own secondary door boot for speaker wires if you dont want to re-use oem wiring. There is no shot you are getting 3 pairs of new speaker wire through that thing. trying to get one pair through may be an option and just tie into the other ones that are already ran.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Thanks, that's sort of what I am leaning towards doing. The OEM wiring is not going to work, only one set of wire goes through the boot then splits once it is inside the door for the 3-way in there. I called a shop locally who estimate $70 - $100 per side to run the wire, but the more I look at the boot / plug etc. I don't see how that will be possible.

Looks like I just need to gather some supplies to make my own boot. Any recommendations on materials to use to make sure it is weather resistant? Figure techflex on the wires themselves, then an outer rubber boot, grommet on the door side and silicon to seal it up?
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Eric
    Vehicle
    2009 BMW 335i

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Thanks, that's sort of what I am leaning towards doing. The OEM wiring is not going to work, only one set of wire goes through the boot then splits once it is inside the door for the 3-way in there. I called a shop locally who estimate $70 - $100 per side to run the wire, but the more I look at the boot / plug etc. I don't see how that will be possible.

Looks like I just need to gather some supplies to make my own boot. Any recommendations on materials to use to make sure it is weather resistant? Figure techflex on the wires themselves, then an outer rubber boot, grommet on the door side and silicon to seal it up?
    I saw these quite a while back on another build log somewhere and bookmarked them just in case. Hope they help you out!
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/eli-4301-70-011

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Just a thought on a way that only requires the existing single pair of wires through the door boot... Get a nice quality 3-way set with passive xover - Install the passive xover in the door - Let Dirac Live do it's thing

9. Back To Top    #19
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ejeffrey View Post
    I saw these quite a while back on another build log somewhere and bookmarked them just in case. Hope they help you out!
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/eli-4301-70-011
    Excellent, thanks for that link.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    Just a thought on a way that only requires the existing single pair of wires through the door boot... Get a nice quality 3-way set with passive xover - Install the passive xover in the door - Let Dirac Live do it's thing
    That's actually not a bad idea, I'd like to use the equipment I have, but could sell it to offset some of the cost of the new set. I can bridge amp channels that way for more power if desired and possibly just run a single amp.

Certainly worth looking into at least, thanks.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

10. Back To Top    #20
    Vehicle
    2018 Ford Mustang GT Base 6 speaker set-up

My dad always had Volvo 544's and 122's growing up and of course my first car was a 68 122's 2 door. He always dreamt of getting a P1800.

Always had a soft spot for Volvos and wagons to boot (owned two wagons and if it wasn't for this minivan/SUV craze may have owned more).

Good luck with your build, your new ride looks sweet and already sounds fun to drive even before you finish the audio upgrade, so you have great starting point...
    Finally get to update this, procurement & install planning phase has had some execution happen, procurement is for minor items now. Have Morel MT350 Tweeters & Hybrid MW6 Woofers, AudioControl DM-6.1200 & just added LC.1-800, KnuKoncepts Wiring and distribution, Audiofrog GS12D2 refurb, starting with inexpensive subwoofer enclosure to get everything up and running and let funds replenish some...Funds have replenished and now I am questioning my early DSP/Amp approach decision...