Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2015 Volvo V60 T6 R-Design

1. Back To Top    #81
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: 2015 Volvo V60 T6 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by Chris12 View Post
    whatever reason I keep procrastinating..
    It probably took me over a year before I finally decided to work on mine, from day 1 of installing the PDX amps on the factory tray I was never 100% happy with the fitment, flexibility of it etc.

One thing I forgot, I need to add a little more strength to that piece the subwoofer sits on, as you can see from the pic it is still bowing more than I would like it to do. I'll probably just double up the wood thickness on that piece, just need to pop some staples from the carpet so I can screw and glue the wood to the bottom.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

2. Back To Top    #82
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

A couple months back on a Volvo forum, a guy was selling a subwoofer enclosure and mentioned having some A-pillar tweeter pods. A few back and forth messages and for the price, especially as they included SI M25 Mk1 tweeters I had a set of pillar pods. I had Jason Carter expand the opening in the pods for me in order to fit SI M25 Mk2 tweeters, wrapped them in some black carpet and installed them in the car. But, I hated the different materials between pillar and pod, so ended up pulling them out, using body filler and blending the 2 together before wrapping in vinyl. Wrapping a pillar with a tweeter pod attached in vinyl is hard, strangely the passengers side ended up going on reasonably well first try (except 2 little spots right in front of the tweeter) but the drivers side one took me 3 attempt and still ended up with a couple wrinkles, that are thankfully out of sight.

Here is how they first looked, yuck... they were OK, but I did not like the way it looked like 2 individual pieces at all. The carpet on the pods was thick and looked out of place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20230329-WA0023.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	18570

Here they are after I wrapped them in vinyl and got them into the car.

Name:	driver.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	18572

Name:	Passenger.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	18571

With the tweeters done, Anu and I discussed putting mids into the sail panels, which turned into picking up a pair of Morel Virtus Nano mids (they physically fit behind the stock grill, but then the mounting clips don't). Ian B ended up making me a pair of sails which are leagues better than what I likely would have managed. Installed those yesterday and am really happy with the look.

Name:	20230608_200702.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	18569

Planning to tune them later, but overall this should provide a considerable improvement since my mids are now about 9" higher and an inch or two further forward than they were in the factory door locations.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

3. Back To Top    #83
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

I'm thrilled for you Ian. That looks great. Have fun tuning. Thats my favorite part.