Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Peart, RIP

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Unhappy Neil Peart, RIP

Neil Peart, Rush Drummer Who Set a New Standard for Rock Virtuosity, Dead at 67

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ituary-936221/

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Neil Peart, RIP

Sad day. The best ever!

3. Back To Top    #3

We lost another good one. Neil also did long trips on BMW motorcycles and was the topic of many a conversation around the campfire on our rides. Few I met had such luck, but we all thought it'd be pretty cool to bump into him on a ride. Thanks for all you left behind Neil. The world is a better place because of you.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Exit the warrior

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    We lost another good one. Neil also did long trips on BMW motorcycles and was the topic of many a conversation around the campfire on our rides. Few I met had such luck, but we all thought it'd be pretty cool to bump into him on a ride. Thanks for all you left behind Neil. The world is a better place because of you.
    I remember Geddy Lee saying Neil bought the BMW motorcycle after his daughter died and decided to just ride and keep riding as a way of trying to deal with it. He went through a lot of sadness in the last part of his life. Enjoy this time. You never know what tomorrow will bring

6. Back To Top    #6

I turned into more of a jazz fan over the years, but I still have every Rush album on CD and I will be playing through them on the rig this week.

Back in the 80's Rush was still an acquired taste for a lot of people and perhaps not taken seriously outside of certain circles. Its been very heart warming to see how mainstream accepted they became and the outpouring of love tonight for Neal is very nice.

RIP

7. Back To Top    #7

Oops... If only I'd seen this thread I wouldn't have started my own...

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Eric

I'm a HUGE Neil Peart fanboy... there was just nobody that played like him. This is just heart wrenching!

9. Back To Top    #9

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    Exit the warrior
    Just felt like I had to circle back... this ^^^ is probably the most epic and appropriate response that could be given to the news at hand, nicely done!