Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on what port length to use on a pair of audiomobile EVO 8's.

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Question on what port length to use on a pair of audiomobile EVO 8's.

I actually finished the port last night and its is closer to 16" and so that would likely increase the tuning from 30 to 32 or so. I don't think that should affect the overall sound of the box and much easier than moving the brace that kept me from going to 19". First time ever i had plenty of room for a port, and i f'd it up by not planning for the bracing position.

2. Back To Top    #12

Little bit of an update. I installed the box on saturday and i must admit i am pretty happy wit the over all sound. These 2 Evo 8's are capable of punching way above their weight class. Now before i start tuning i am thinking i might switch amps. Currently have a Zapco Z-2kd, but am thinking i want to go old school, specifically the amp that holds a special place in my heart, the A600.2 Wish me luck.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
    Little bit of an update. I installed the box on saturday and i must admit i am pretty happy wit the over all sound. These 2 Evo 8's are capable of punching way above their weight class. Now before i start tuning i am thinking i might switch amps. Currently have a Zapco Z-2kd, but am thinking i want to go old school, specifically the amp that holds a special place in my heart, the A600.2 Wish me luck.
    Awesome to read about that miniSQ. You came from two GB10 too. Hope you bring that thing to the next GTG in MA. I’m going to try and covert my CX5 setup to three way GB series and add dual ported GB12 tuned to 31 Hz.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Awesome to read about that miniSQ. You came from two GB10 too. Hope you bring that thing to the next GTG in MA. I’m going to try and covert my CX5 setup to three way GB series and add dual ported GB12 tuned to 31 Hz.
    I do want to make it to one of your GTG's would be fun. And FWIW, i did snag the A600.2 pics to follow when it arrives And yes i way overpaid for it, but its always been something i wanted since i had 2 stolen from my car back in the early 90's. i think i paid more for this one than i did from one brand new lol.

Good luck with your 2 12's ported....that will be insane!!
    2018 Crosstrek Helix P-Six DSP Mk2 AF GB15 AF GB25 AF GS690 Audiomobile Evo 8(2) PPI Art Series A600.2

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Lol, I recently looked back at what I have invested in this crazy hobby (if you can call it that) and gawked at it for a moment. Everything is expensive! Looking forward to the pictures.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Lol, I recently looked back at what I have invested in this crazy hobby (if you can call it that) and gawked at it for a moment. Everything is expensive! Looking forward to the pictures.
    Hahaha I'm not even gonna think about the money I've pissed away in this hobby. Guess there's worse things we could be spending our money on.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.