Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    This suggestion might be far fetched, but give me a director the size of a tablet and let me use it as a head unit......a bit of a reach, but a man can dream.
    What might not be so far fetched is some ability to tune via BT with a phone app. One of my vehicles has a P99, and I often tweaki things while I listen. I don't need every aspect of functionality, but I'd be delighted if I could at least control channel gains (and channel mute) and xover points/slopes, maybe time delay. I don't need the full awesome power of the software but at least give us a bone. Given the sophistication of the PEQ in Helix that one would be tougher but give me the first two and maybe some time delay ? It grates on me to have to grab the laptop and fire it up and plug it in and dink around just to make a small adjustment.

2. Back To Top    #12

Re: Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    What might not be so far fetched is some ability to tune via BT with a phone app. One of my vehicles has a P99, and I often tweaki things while I listen. I don't need every aspect of functionality, but I'd be delighted if I could at least control channel gains (and channel mute) and xover points/slopes, maybe time delay. I don't need the full awesome power of the software but at least give us a bone. Given the sophistication of the PEQ in Helix that one would be tougher but give me the first two and maybe some time delay ? It grates on me to have to grab the laptop and fire it up and plug it in and dink around just to make a small adjustment.
    Not via BT but can anyone chime in if some of the mentioned features are available to tweak via the newer Helix DSP’s + Wifi control unit + phone app?

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Ross
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by Bnlcmbcar View Post
    Not via BT but can anyone chime in if some of the mentioned features are available to tweak via the newer Helix DSP’s + Wifi control unit + phone app?
    I'm hoping full programming via phone/tablet becomes a Helix capability as well. Hopefully the WIFI contol unit will add this functionality. That is one of the merits (as there aren't many) of Rockford's DSR1.
    AVH2300NEX - Helix DSP Mini - RF Punch 200x2/Punch 240x4/Power T750x1bd - AudioFrog GB10,25,60 & GB12D2

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2002 BMW M3

A single Din Director style thingy would be sweet. ........with a good knob.

5. Back To Top    #15

Helix needs a Dirac Live equivalent, imho.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Helix needs a Dirac Live equivalent, imho.
    I remember reading somewhere that they were not interested in implementing FIR filters - I seem to remember them saying that it wasn't beneficial in a car environment (!?!?).... I can't remember off the top of my head where I saw that, but I'm thinking that it had to be in a post by Doug from MSC on here or that "other forum"...

The Helix does have an "auto-EQ" feature, but it only uses graphic EQ filters - not even PEQ filters. At the very least, it would be nice if they modified it to use the power of PEQ filters. Although, even with GEQ filters, I've hears some good things about it. I haven't tried it yet myself. It may be faster, but I can't imagine that it's going to hit my target curve better than doing in manually (or vie REW) with PEQ filters.
    Last edited by jtrosky; 01-09-2020 at 10:22 AM.

7. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    Honestly, with the Helix Wifi adapter, it almost doesn't make sense to mess with trying to use a phone or tablet via bluetooth to modify anything. With the wifi adapter and a device like a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro or Yoga 3 Pro (can get them used on Ebay for as little as $200), there really isn't much advantage to tuning anything via bluetooth on a phone or tablet (the Yoga Pro devices are super thin and light and it double as a tablet).

I can understand not wanting to deal with a bulky 15" laptop for something minor, but those Yoga devices are basically the same thing as a tablet when in tablet mode . Its nice having a 13.3" screen (3200x1800 resolution too!) that you can fold flat into a tablet and tune with it sitting flat on your lap. :-) Works GREAT for REW as well. I do all measurements with the touchscreen on my Yoga 3 Pro now (folded into tablet mode). LOVE IT! They even have backlit keyboards....

I accidentally ended up with two devices (bid on too many and happended to win two!) - a Yoga 2 Pro (Intel Core i7 proc, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD drive) and a Yoga 3 Pro (Core M5 proc, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD). If anyone is interested in the Yoga 2 Pro, let me know - I'll give it to you for less than I paid for it (I paid $250). Can discuss condition more via PM if interested.
    Last edited by jtrosky; 01-09-2020 at 03:13 PM.

8. Back To Top    #18

Found the post from Doug at MSC about FIR filters on the Helix:

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...4#post-5739077

9. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Audiogal View Post
    I am not sure if it is possible to influence car audio manufactures or not. However I would like to try I do not think this is a crazy request or require a rewrite of the architecture or anything like that.

I have sent my local representative (MSC) the request and I sent an email via the contact page to Audiotec Fisher for a feature I would really like to see implemented.

The feature in question is to display on the Director the digital input source Bit depth, bit rate and sampling frequency. To me this should be a must have feature for a high-end product.

I wish I could see those values on the main screen or a sub screen. Any others feel the same way? Perhaps a mass email campaign, crowd request initiative, etc lol !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    This suggestion might be far fetched, but give me a director the size of a tablet and let me use it as a head unit......a bit of a reach, but a man can dream.
    I love both of these ideas. From your keyboards to AF's ears!

10. Back To Top    #20
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    The Helix does have an "auto-EQ" feature, but it only uses graphic EQ filters - not even PEQ filters. At the very least, it would be nice if they modified it to use the power of PEQ filters. Although, even with GEQ filters, I've hears some good things about it. I haven't tried it yet myself. It may be faster, but I can't imagine that it's going to hit my target curve better than doing in manually (or vie REW) with PEQ filters.
    I actually like it using the 31-band graphical EQ. It gives you a 31-band shelf filter to relatively adjust any combination of speakers you want to.