Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

1. Back To Top    #51

Re: Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

Quote Originally Posted by dobslob View Post
    What issues do you have with the knob. I know that some start tracking incorrectly, I have replaced a handful of the encoders for that, but it has been a small percentage of what we have sold. Most times I can tell the knob will be an issue as if feels all loose and wobbly.
    i've had one for almost 3 years now. the encoder tracks and works well. i have issues with the knob itself.
    1. the knob isn't keyed and the inner hole is machined too large, so there's a lot of play, making it difficult to re-center flat/evenly when tightening the screw.
    2. the only key is a set screw into soft metal of the encoder shaft.

when i was using my director daily, i'd have to tighten the screw weekly. it probably loosened because pressing it to mute would be enough off-center pressure to loosen it (issue 1). the metal on the encoder shaft deforms pretty easily (issue 2). after about 6 months of this, i just threw the director knob in the glove box.

i tried wrapping some tesa tape around the encoder shaft to reduce play but that presented another challenge. it made it more easy to center/flatten the knob but i had to have extra care related to excess tape.

i recently changed to a radio where i didn't have to use the damn thing every day.

2. Back To Top    #52

Re: Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

otherwise i'm happy with my pro mk2