Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

1. Back To Top    #1

Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

I am not sure if it is possible to influence car audio manufactures or not. However I would like to try I do not think this is a crazy request or require a rewrite of the architecture or anything like that.

I have sent my local representative (MSC) the request and I sent an email via the contact page to Audiotec Fisher for a feature I would really like to see implemented.

The feature in question is to display on the Director the digital input source Bit depth, bit rate and sampling frequency. To me this should be a must have feature for a high-end product.

I wish I could see those values on the main screen or a sub screen. Any others feel the same way? Perhaps a mass email campaign, crowd request initiative, etc lol !!!
    Just having fun playing in the car audio sandbox!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

I'll be honest... I hadn't ever thought about it, until you just mentioned it.
    Now, I can't stop thinking about it!

Ya, the bit depth, bit rate, and sampling frequency would make total sense as a visual on the Director.
    Of course... I don't own a Director. But the above info might influence me to buy one.
    New Car... Stock Stereo

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Hint Hint DSP manufactures specifically Audiotec Fisher features we would to see

Trust me, any good company will listen to the people that line their pockets. What you are asking is something a lot of people probably want but just don't realize it yet...like JimmyDee just suddenly realized he wants, lol.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #4

I've sent a lot of requests to Julian Fischer over the course of the last 6 or 7 years. Each time they've implemented my request. The ones I can recall asking them for and receiving are: extending the frequency of the shelf filters (they used to only go to 1khz and 300hz, or thereabouts; they opened them all the way after I asked them and explained why I thought it would be useful), they lowered the bottom frequency of the all-pass filter (I believe it was limited to 500hz initially), having a "notes" section in the GUI so we could make notes about our change rather than trying to remember what we changed with each file.

If you can provide them with some legitimate reasoning I think you'll find they are more than willing to comply.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

5. Back To Top    #5

The one item I wish they implemented is an optical out on the USB HEC unit just like they do for the BT HEC unit. That would make for some interesting setups allowing multiple Helix DSP units to be daisy chained via the optical out.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Audiogal View Post
    I am not sure if it is possible to influence car audio manufactures or not. However I would like to try I do not think this is a crazy request or require a rewrite of the architecture or anything like that.

I have sent my local representative (MSC) the request and I sent an email via the contact page to Audiotec Fisher for a feature I would really like to see implemented.

The feature in question is to display on the Director the digital input source Bit depth, bit rate and sampling frequency. To me this should be a must have feature for a high-end product.

I wish I could see those values on the main screen or a sub screen. Any others feel the same way? Perhaps a mass email campaign, crowd request initiative, etc lol !!!
    Audiotech Fischer has added suggested features (good ones) on a whim multiple times. Erinh on here is responsible for the "notes" section that came out a few months back. Tell larry that you think its a good idea, and see if he can give Julian, or better yet Florian a shout to see if its possible

Edit: look like Erin already commented

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Bnlcmbcar View Post
    The one item I wish they implemented is an optical out on the USB HEC unit just like they do for the BT HEC unit. That would make for some interesting setups allowing multiple Helix DSP units to be daisy chained via the optical out.
    Pretty good idea. Im sure there is a reason for this though. Like why have it on the bluetooth but not the usb, unless theres a reason you cant. hmmmm

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    I've sent a lot of requests to Julian Fischer over the course of the last 6 or 7 years. Each time they've implemented my request. The ones I can recall asking them for and receiving are: extending the frequency of the shelf filters (they used to only go to 1khz and 300hz, or thereabouts; they opened them all the way after I asked them and explained why I thought it would be useful), they lowered the bottom frequency of the all-pass filter (I believe it was limited to 500hz initially), having a "notes" section in the GUI so we could make notes about our change rather than trying to remember what we changed with each file.

If you can provide them with some legitimate reasoning I think you'll find they are more than willing to comply.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    Audiotech Fischer has added suggested features (good ones) on a whim multiple times. Erinh on here is responsible for the "notes" section that came out a few months back. Tell larry that you think its a good idea, and see if he can give Julian, or better yet Florian a shout to see if its possible

Edit: look like Erin already commented

Wow great job Erin, thanks for taking the initiative to help improve the product. I will be seeing Chris and Larry soon so I am going to present my case. I sure would like to confirm the quality of the digital inputs especially from streaming and unknown file formats. Most decent home dacs show this data and have been doing it for years.

It is great to know that AF is a company that responds to its user base and this make me feel good about supporting their products.
    Just having fun playing in the car audio sandbox!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I have to admit I've always admired the accessibility of the car audio industry. Most reputable companies will take the time to listen and engage with there customers. Want to give some suggestions to Nike on improving the basketball shoe? Or Easton for better baseball bats? Only if you're Lebron James or Mike Trout.

Although far from perfect, the car audio industry seems to still be filled with enthusiasts who care about a good product, more often then not. Maybe I'm just an idiot though.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

This suggestion might be far fetched, but give me a director the size of a tablet and let me use it as a head unit......a bit of a reach, but a man can dream.