Thread: "Iran Attacks US Bases: War Hawks Cheer/ Trump to Make Statement"

1. Back To Top    #41
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: "Iran Attacks US Bases: War Hawks Cheer/ Trump to Make Statement"

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post

Maybe they are scared to kill Americans, but how to explain downing an airliner full of innocent passengers - among them plenty of our Canadian allies?

They just sent missiles at a superpower. Their air defenses were on a hair trigger. They were so worried about a (massive) counter-attack that they forgot to shut down commercial air traffic.

2. Back To Top    #42

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    They just sent missiles at a superpower. Their air defenses were on a hair trigger. They were so worried about a (massive) counter-attack that they forgot to shut down commercial air traffic.
    No doubt they were in freakout mode.

Cause and effect though. Actions have consequences. They did not start this.

This all started with Trump getting trigger happy. The end result, so far, is 181 innocent lives taken in addition to what's his name and crew.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

This all started with Trump getting trigger happy. The end result, so far, is 181 innocent lives taken in addition to what's his name and crew.
    You are very shortsighted if you believe this

4. Back To Top    #44

You are very shortsighted if you believe this
    How did it happen then? That's how I remember the timeline.

Trump orders drone strike that kills Iranian general. Iran, on high alert because of this, 'accidentally' shoots down airliner. Without one, there isn't the other.

5. Back To Top    #45
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

How did it happen then? That's how I remember the timeline.

Trump orders drone strike that kills Iranian general. Iran, on high alert because of this, 'accidentally' shoots down airliner. Without one, there isn't the other.
    so our issues with Iran started with Trump killing a terrorist?

6. Back To Top    #46

so our issues with Iran started with Trump killing a terrorist?
    No, issues with Iran go way back. What I'm saying is that Trump's decision to take that guy out triggered a chain of events that led to the deaths of everyone on that airliner. I am not saying it was an intended consequence, but that's what happened.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

So we should just allow him to attack our embassy? Allow him to plan attacks on others? You don't have to go back far for justification to take him out. He killed hundreds of Americans, thousands of Iraqis and even recently 1500 of his own countrymen. But Trump is bad

8. Back To Top    #48

So we should just allow him to attack our embassy? Allow him to plan attacks on others? You don't have to go back far for justification to take him out. He killed hundreds of Americans, thousands of Iraqis and even recently 1500 of his own countrymen. But Trump is bad
    Again going on recollection, that was an unorganized mob type thing that happened at the embassy. Are you sure he did that?

As required by law, there must be a clear and present and imminent threat to carry out that sort of attack and so far nobody has come forth with evidence that it existed. I've seen nothing but deflection from the Trump admin...business as usual. Not defending what's his name, but when you attack another country, there are rules. For starters, Congress is generally involved. The way that Trump informed most of Congress about this was disgraceful. The fact that he sidestepped them is frightening.

And yes, Trump is bad. And now he has blood on him.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

That "unorganized mob" wrote Suliemani is our leader on the embassy wall. They carried the yellow flag of Iranian militias. Also, he didn't attack a country, he killed a UN designated terrorist on Iraqi soil. As I said before, you are short sighted.

10. Back To Top    #50

That "unorganized mob" wrote Suliemani is our leader on the embassy wall. They carried the yellow flag of Iranian militias. Also, he didn't attack a country, he killed a UN designated terrorist on Iraqi soil. As I said before, you are short sighted.
    If someone killed General Mattis, or some other well-known American general, would you see it as an attack on your country? Would our enemies see him as a terrorist?

I may be short sighted, but I'm not wrong.