Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Iran Attacks US Bases: War Hawks Cheer/ Trump to Make Statement"

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: "Iran Attacks US Bases: War Hawks Cheer/ Trump to Make Statement"

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    If you're only here to stir the pot and/or troll, kindly go and fuck yourself.
    Look dipshit, he was the world's leading terrorist. That guy spent every day of his life killing and planning to kill innocent people. He should have been killed years ago. To insinuate that we are playing the victim is beyond the level of dumb. So yes, the correct answer should have been NO. And besides, you started this thread. Do you only want people agreeing with your stupidity replying?

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    Look dipshit, he was the world's leading terrorist. That guy spent every day of his life killing and planning to kill innocent people. He should have been killed years ago. To insinuate that we are playing the victim is beyond the level of dumb. So yes, the correct answer should have been NO. And besides, you started this thread. Do you only want people agreeing with your stupidity replying?
    First off, why not try watching the two videos i posted and commenting on those, before presuming to insist that you've somehow understood a nuanced point of view that I have not yet shared.

3. Back To Top    #13

First off, why not try watching the two videos i posted and commenting on those, before presuming to insist that you've somehow understood a nuanced point of view that I have not yet shared.
    You did insinuate that we are now playing the victim. And I did watch most of the videos. But I don't have to watch a random youtube video. I spent many months at Al Asad and I had friends that were killed by the piece of shit. And they weren't harming anyone.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Wow, this has escalated quickly...

5. Back To Top    #15

I take serious exception with any kind of notion of sympathy or wrongdoing or saying we're playing the victim with regard to that bastard. I had friends that were killed by him. They were good guys trying to help the Iraqi people.

6. Back To Top    #16

You did insinuate that we are now playing the victim. And I did watch most of the videos. But I don't have to watch a random youtube video. I spent many months at Al Asad and I had friends that were killed by the piece of shit. And they weren't harming anyone.
    Point taken. That cartoon is rather over the top, and I should have worded my response to it more clearly.

To be more clear, I am neither siding with Iran nor that "piece of shit." It's just that, in my opinion, we shouldn't be over there to the extent that we are the first place. This is not at all to say that whatever happens over there is all our fault.

7. Back To Top    #17

Point taken. That cartoon is rather over the top, and I should have worded my response to it more clearly.

To be more clear, I am neither siding with Iran nor that "piece of shit." It's just that, in my opinion, we shouldn't be over there to the extent that we are the first place. This is not at all to say that whatever happens over there is all our fault.
    How would it be better for anyone if we were not "over there"?

8. Back To Top    #18

Everything changed because of 9/11. On my first deployment many years ago we could go downtown in different cities freely and shop or get something to eat. Most guys would go buy the awesome gold they have over there. But Bin Laden changed everything. They revere him as a hero. That's when the war on terror began. You can't go outside the base boundaries over there now unless you're in a armored convey and they get blown up pretty much every time now. If you tried to walk out of the base you would be kidnapped or killed immediately now. A lot of people don't realize how much the arab world is trying and planning to kill us. That's why we're still there. And we will be there long after we all die. It's hard to explain to someone that hasn't been over there. Saudi Arabia is a prime example. They hate us. I hated being there. They also hate Iran but an Iraqi told me once they have been fighting each other for thousands of years but they will always fight together to kill us. The fanaticism is beyond a level that most people could comprehend.

9. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
    How would it be better for anyone if we were not "over there"?
    Presuming you are of the opinion that it would not likely be better for anyone if we were not "over there," I would not presume to change your mind ...never mind the fact that what I actually said was, "in my opinion, we shouldn't be over there to the extent that we are."

In any case, I don't claim to be an expert or even remotely well-versed in all of this. Simple fact is, a lot of what the dude in the video(s) said seemed sensible enough and rang true to me, and I thought that some of you-all might care to chime in.

10. Back To Top    #20

Everything changed because of 9/11. On my first deployment many years ago we could go downtown in different cities freely and shop or get something to eat. Most guys would go buy the awesome gold they have over there. But Bin Laden changed everything. They revere him as a hero. That's when the war on terror began. You can't go outside the base boundaries over there now unless you're in a armored convey and they get blown up pretty much every time now. If you tried to walk out of the base you would be kidnapped or killed immediately now. A lot of people don't realize how much the arab world is trying and planning to kill us. That's why we're still there. And we will be there long after we all die. It's hard to explain to someone that hasn't been over there. Saudi Arabia is a prime example. They hate us. I hated being there. They also hate Iran but an Iraqi told me once they have been fighting each other for thousands of years but they will always fight together to kill us. The fanaticism is beyond a level that most people could comprehend.
    Thank you for sharing your perspective; and (though it might sound trite) for your service.