Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: "Iran Attacks US Bases: War Hawks Cheer/ Trump to Make Statement"

1. Back To Top    #101

Re: "Iran Attacks US Bases: War Hawks Cheer/ Trump to Make Statement"

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    The most frightening thing is seeing all the videos of college students talking politics.
    And why is that frightening?

2. Back To Top    #102

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    I don't believe you did. So where are you from?
    USA, but at the moment I am in a Melbourne.

3. Back To Top    #103
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    No, and I'll say it again. Trump has blood on his hands.
    Obama, Biden, and the rest of the sympathizers who gave Iran the billions in cash required to buy the weapons that shot down the plane...THEY are the ones with blood on their hands.

What happened prior to the strike is what everyone wants to know. What was the legal justification. This still has not been explained.
    In its 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF), passed with overwhelming support one week after the 9/11 attacks, Congress declared: “The President has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States.”

4. Back To Top    #104
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

5. Back To Top    #105

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Obama, Biden, and the rest of the sympathizers who gave Iran the billions in cash required to buy the weapons that shot down the plane...THEY are the ones with blood on their hands.
    I am not sure that is 100% accurate.

We had relations with them up until the shaw was deposed and fO'ed to Mexico...Then there was the 52/444 and when we came out of that p, it was no "welcome back Carter"... Ronald was at the helm.

And the deserved sanctions against the theocracy.
    They have been allied with Russia, China etc.

How much did Biden-Obama give them and when as it?

The other sort of obvious flaw in this is to somehow totally blame Obama/Biden/HRC, as the mullahs and ayatullahs are running an Islamic republic of a country there. They do not seem like they are puppets of the DNC, but I can see how one may think the inverse.
    It is pretty much both the GOP and the DNC that have had on the majority failures with dealing with the country, since the collapse of the Shaw. But to be fair, how is one to deal with a pack of
    ayatullahs screaming death to America from the pulpit?
    Last edited by Holmz; 01-12-2020 at 05:12 PM.

6. Back To Top    #106
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

I meant "billions" in general terms. They sent a pallet with $400 million cash as the first installment of a $1.7 billion dollar settlement that we "owed them".

7. Back To Top    #107
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

I meant "billions" in general terms. They sent a pallet with $400 million cash as the first installment of a $1.7 billion dollar settlement that we "owed them". If someone was actively trying to kill you and your loved ones, would you give that person ammunition money?

8. Back To Top    #108

I meant "billions" in general terms. They sent a pallet with $400 million cash as the first installment of a $1.7 billion dollar settlement that we "owed them". If someone was actively trying to kill you and your loved ones, would you give that person ammunition money?
    I don't think so, but then again people give money to stand over men on a regular basis.

I would have less of a problem if the 1.7 B was given in the form of retail price of actual medicines.

What was it that we owed them for?

9. Back To Top    #109

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    I don't think so, but then again people give money to stand over men on a regular basis.

I would have less of a problem if the 1.7 B was given in the form of retail price of actual medicines.

What was it that we owed them for?
    We didn't owe them. That was their money supposedly that had been frozen for decades under sanctions. The money was from assets frozen in many different countries. Pretty much all countries wanted that money frozen to ensure Iran would not develop a nuclear weaponization program. O'bama in his usual incompetence agreed to give them the money in return for a sham nuclear deal that he knew would allow them to acquire nuclear weapons in 10 years. Now mind you O'bama is not a dumb guy so the question remains, did he actually want Iran to develop a nuclear weapons program? After all, his first official duty was flying to the middle east and apologizing to the various heads of state for the USA's "aggressive policies" from the past.

10. Back To Top    #110

I don't know this whole story you're referencing, but have a suspicion it's not that simple. Nonetheless, we are where we are. I just hope the twittering naranja in chief learned something from it.