Thread: My 2016 Transit Connect SQ build

1. Back To Top    #51
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Re: My 2016 Transit Connect SQ build

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0

I also read your comments about the larger midbass. You confirmed the suspicion I had rattling around in my head. I have to admit you made me laugh. The guy who cut holes in the floor of his vehicle to accommodate specific subs wanted to experiment with larger midbasses to see if he could go without subs. WHAT!!! . I know, I know. You were just experimenting...

Ge0
    Haha, I know...It sounds crazy, but there is logic behind it. My thought was that I could (potentially) do SQ competitions with just the Dyns up front and use the wGTI's for my daily listening on the road where more cone area is needed to carry the lowest octaves. I was pretty surprised by how much output the Dyns have and how deep they play. They easily play to 20hz.

2. Back To Top    #52
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
    Haha, I know...It sounds crazy, but there is logic behind it. My thought was that I could (potentially) do SQ competitions with just the Dyns up front and use the wGTI's for my daily listening on the road where more cone area is needed to carry the lowest octaves. I was pretty surprised by how much output the Dyns have and how deep they play. They easily play to 20hz.
    Shit. Front down to 20HZ? Ditch that stuff you have in the back and make this utility van more utility LOL!!!

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Dynaudio - Helix - Bose

3. Back To Top    #53
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

The recess/swoop in the pillars is for aesthetics really more than anything else. I didn't want to have blobs with no design element or visual interest. When I build pieces I like to either blend in with the factory look, or provide some tasteful visual interest.

Cheers
    Nick. Do you have any comments? You're the one that masterfully wrapped these suckers

Steve. The pillars are a thing of beauty. You nailed this.

Ge0

4. Back To Top    #54

Sorry if i missed it but how are you venting the midbass? All i see are the midbass fiberglass kicks but not the actual mounting/venting behind them.

What are the overall x/o of your system?

I've been considering cutting a hole in my tire well and creating going IB that way in my hatchback. What is your thoughts on road noise coming through the speaker cone? What have you experienced?

5. Back To Top    #55
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Steve'o no image
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

6. Back To Top    #56
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
    Steve'o no image
    Steve. I noticed in a few posts your pictures are not uploading properly. I'd love to see your work. But it ain't there...

Ge0

7. Back To Top    #57

FWIW I can still see all of the photos posted in this thread.

8. Back To Top    #58
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
    Nick. Do you have any comments? You're the one that masterfully wrapped these suckers

Steve. The pillars are a thing of beauty. You nailed this.

Ge0
    The "scoop" is an aesthetic element that is a side effect of cutting the pillar and sinking the driver in. I think I did that style design for my first time in my 300zx years ago and realized that aside from looking good, it was actually easy to wrap, so I kept doing it. Long story short, easy to wrap. I actually have all of the photos showing step by step how to wrap it. Tbh, I've debated posting them because all of my "how-to" guides usually do the exact opposite of what I want them to do. Instead of ending the endless flood of questions they're intended to answer, they just create more questions. Example: my newest video on phase cohesion has resulted in 4 emails through my website, 5+ pm's from this site and diyma, countless Facebook messages, a few texts, and various YouTube comments.. ughhh lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9. Back To Top    #59
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    The "scoop" is an aesthetic element that is a side effect of cutting the pillar and sinking the driver in. I think I did that style design for my first time in my 300zx years ago and realized that aside from looking good, it was actually easy to wrap, so I kept doing it. Long story short, easy to wrap. I actually have all of the photos showing step by step how to wrap it. Tbh, I've debated posting them because all of my "how-to" guides usually do the exact opposite of what I want them to do. Instead of ending the endless flood of questions they're intended to answer, they just create more questions. Example: my newest video on phase cohesion has resulted in 4 emails through my website, 5+ pm's from this site and diyma, countless Facebook messages, a few texts, and various YouTube comments.. ughhh lol

If it makes you feel better Nick I thought your phase cohesion video nailed it perfectly and it shows enthusiasts how you can use simple ideas and techniques to achieve professional results. That is the technique that I use because it’s simple and it works. I say keep doing what you’re doing because it helps but those that it helps probably won’t come out and say so like those that disagree. Also, as you know, Andy Wehmeyer teaches these same principles so that should add credibility there.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

10. Back To Top    #60
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post

Dude, you're famous

Ge0