Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ran across these today... Old School Nostalgia trip

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Ran across these today... Old School Nostalgia trip

I actually liked the 910 more than the c90 because of the display. I have both. The c90 is the better deck just not the screen.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Phil
    Vehicle
    08 AMG E63

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    Wow. Sony Mobile ES deck, nice! I've got the Mobile ES XES alphabet soup... the P1 Display, P1 Processor, X1 Crossover, C1 Changer & T1 Tuner. Believe it or else, they've never seen power
    Wow! That's awesome.... that is some great gear even for today. You planning on using that at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking
    I actually liked the 910 more than the c90 because of the display. I have both. The c90 is the better deck just not the screen.
    My only issue was that c90 display would wash out in the sun and you couldn't see squat.
    Last edited by forty5cal1911; 01-19-2020 at 08:18 AM.

COMAND NTG 2.0 - Mobridge DA2 > toslink > Helix DSP.2 - NVX JAD 800.4 - Scanspeak R3004 - Scanspeak 10F - NVX JAD 800.4 - Silver Flute W17RC38 - NVX JAD 1200.1 - AE IB10AU

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by forty5cal1911 View Post
    Wow! That's awesome.... that is some great gear even for today. You planning on using that at all?
    It's semi-installed in my Camaro, but I've read about problems with capacitors on equipment that old, so I'm kind of afraid to power it up

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by forty5cal1911 View Post
    Was trying to retrieve some stuff from photobucket today (don't even get me started) and ran across these photos of one of my old setups when I was selling it. Doesn't feel like it's been nearly 20 years! Thought you guys might also enjoy my trip down memory lane.

Had some of this equipment through a couple of vehicles in what seems like eons ago. Just looking at this stuff again sent a wave of nostalgia through me that I haven't felt before. I guess it's just the memories that go along with it as well as the first real SQ I owned and tuned myself.

Sorry for the bad quality pics but tech wasn't exactly great 17 years ago.... LOL

Don't miss that couch at all just for the record

Anybody else have feelings like this when you look back at your old stuff?! Sheesh man must be getting old.
    That is some seriously NICE gear for back in the day! I can imagine that your system was absolutely killer! And yeah, that couch! Classic, haha.

In one of my "throwback" installs I was using a Sony ES CDX-C90 head unit + XDP-4000X DSP, Arc Audio CXL/r amps, D.A.T. HEX 1st Gen Components, Peerless XLS8 midbass, and Infinity Beta 15X subs.

Not quite as old school as your gear, but not far behind. The system always brought a huge smile to my face every time I jammed on it, and I have to say it compared very favorably to my more modern systems.

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    Agree 100%. The CDX-C910 was my first "High-End" deck, and I loved its simplicity and aesthetics, though its screen would wash out in sunlight as well.