Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1996 Corvette Build

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Wink Re: 1996 Corvette Build

Flush trim pieces are complete. Just waiting on spray adhesive at this point to button it all up. Funny, that I originally ordered it from Amazon to try to do my part in staying home, but I could’ve just gotten them from the Depot and been done by now. Amazon says delivery on April 25th... not sure why it takes so long but, meh, I got nothin else to do. I did order a few other things for this little project which was reason #2 to go through Amazon & the adhesive pushed it up over $25 so I got my free shipping. Anywho... pics to prove it happened

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA454861-4227-4AC8-83D9-B349976CE573.jpeg 
Views:	242 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	10089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0E637C75-7E4C-4BA2-B14C-0DBFC524E6BE.jpeg 
Views:	229 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	10090

So now I wait for Amazon to carpet it all and hook up the DSP.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: 1996 Corvette Build

Quote Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
    Amazon says delivery on April 25th... not sure why it takes so long but, meh, I got nothin else to do.
    Amazon temporarily modified shipping policies to enable medical supplies, essentials etc a higher priority. A lot of items now have longer estimated delivery times.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

3. Back To Top    #23

AutoZone and Advanced carry 3M headliner adhesive. My personal favorite.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    AutoZone and Advanced carry 3M headliner adhesive. My personal favorite.
    That’s what I ordered. I thought about canceling the order and just getting it from Advanced but, I’ll just wait.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

My stuff showed up early so I got to work. Trim panels are carpeted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6F775B07-F2F6-465E-8C53-9BB8F16598DB.jpeg 
Views:	259 
Size:	764.7 KB 
ID:	10148Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E856CCB-3042-4965-9F79-1B7DBA6EBE1F.jpeg 
Views:	252 
Size:	3.11 MB 
ID:	10149

The temps dropped significantly over the last day or so, so I decided the rest can wait until it at least gets back into the 50s with no winds. Even high 40s with these 20mph winds can make it a little too chilly for my liking (at least for working on THIS stuff). All that’s left to do is connect the DSP to the amp and do some basic tuning.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Any updates? Do you think it would be possible to fit double 12" subs there, or possibly even a single?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

With going back to work, my kid’s baseball season beginning plus preparing to move the end of this month I actually forgot to update this. It’s all buttoned up & tuned. HUGE improvement over what it was before. There’s definitely room for at least a single 12 in there, two would be REALLY tight if you wanted to keep it stealthy. I wanted to be able to pull out the retractable cover to hide everything. These 6s get plenty loud and low enough to hear over the exhaust now. After some closer inspection it looks like the magnets were hitting the back of the factory “enclosure” so I’m wondering if that was causing some issue with the sub not sealing to the baffle completely.

The imaging & staging is OK to decent but that’s pretty low on my priority list with this car. The car is loud & somewhat obnoxious so the system just needs to keep up & be heard when needed and it does just that. The amount I have to turn the subs DOWN is quite substantial when I’m not moving, though.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That is awesome! I've been daydreaming about a C4 for a few days now. Wondered if I could just swap everything over from another build though. Doesn't seem like 3-way with double subs is easy to do with these mini missile cars though.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Easy? No. The A-pillars are very slim and depending on whether you get an early or late C4 the doors (as far as installing speakers) are pointless. Even the area in the kick panel area (OEM) spots are limited on room.

BUT

Boy are they a BLAST to drive. As stated audio for me in this car was an afterthought, but if you aren’t worried about SQ I’d definitely recommend getting one. Prices on them are about as low as they’re going to go and you can get decent ones for little cash. With the current HP wars seeing 600-700+ don’t fret over the 300 that these cars have. They weigh next to nothing and handle like on rails. Early ones have lower HP numbers but the L98 was a torque monster. I’d still go for an LT engine though, and obviously the manual trans is a little harder to find but well worth the added task to find.

10. Back To Top    #30

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    That is awesome! I've been daydreaming about a C4 for a few days now. Wondered if I could just swap everything over from another build though. Doesn't seem like 3-way with double subs is easy to do with these mini missile cars though.
    They're great cars. Not insanely fast, but plenty enough to put a smile on your face. My 92 has basically a setup like you've said now.. Dynaudio 6.5s and 4s in the kicks, tweet on the a pillar (not done with this yet sadly), and a pair of 8.75s for subs in the rear speaker enclosures. It sounds pretty damn good.

Prices on them are definitely on the rise. Have been for a while. I would love to find a yellow 96 lt4 car with a black interior, but have a hard time justifying it when I have my 92 already that's basically the same with a little less hp, which can be solved.