Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System "Hiss"

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: System "Hiss"

you shouldn't have to crack the case and set gain pots.

helix dsp software -> dcm tab -> pc-tool configuration: ensure source level control is enabled.
    helix dsp software -> io tab -> every input should be 0db (control is next to the input label on the left).

your per-channel outputs shouldn't be above 0db if possible and there shouldn't be any overall EQ boosts above 0db until you're more familiar with tuning.

my experience with the helix pro mk2 and helix mini:
    - you can go up to +5db on input levels without adding any floor noise/hiss
    - you can go +2-3db on the output levels without having clipping problems, doesn't seem to impact floor noise/hiss.

should be able to set amp gains at least 1/4 of the way up without introducing noise.

2. Back To Top    #12

Thanks for all the help! I will delve into the suggestions tomorrow and report my findings.
    Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    you shouldn't have to crack the case and set gain pots.
    Then why is that exactly what the Helix manual tells you to do? And it isn't "cracking" the case, which makes it sound like you aren't supposed to be opening it. It is 4 screws on the input side to remove the side panel and then the bottom panel can be slid out. He's running input from his HU speaker wires which are probably over 10v and that is why he must manually change the jumpers to high input 10-20v and adjust pots to compensate.