Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SQOLOGY Aggieland Questions

SQOLOGY Aggieland Questions

I have been looking at attending a SQ event this year as a visitor and feel this one might be the ticket. However, I have no idea what to expect, as I haven't been to such a show before. I was planning to fly in/out of Houston, so I can catch a few Astros games too. I had a few questions I was hoping someone who's attended the show before can answer.

Is there a recommended day to attend (sat or sun)?
    How many guests attend in a day?
    Whats parking like for visitors?
    Should I consider spending the night in College Station?
    What is the drive like from Houston to College Station?
    Can a pasty zamboni driver from Canada survive the weather at that time?

Honestly, any tips or potential pitfalls would be welcomed. This is just an initial feeler, but it seems like a doable trip. Baseball and SQ competitions = Happy blockrocker!
    Last edited by blockrocker; 01-02-2020 at 11:52 PM.

2. Back To Top    #51
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: SQOLOGY Aggieland Questions

Quote Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
    all 4'8" of him
    I'm not that short but I'm short enough where I do a level and time alignment change and slide the seat all the way back for demo reasons so people aren't all scrunched up when listeningWhen I had my Grand Cherokee with the 8-way power seats I couldn't even see over the dash with the seat in demo position (all the way down and back). More than a couple people asked if I drove that way and had to laugh considering I had to have it all the way up and slid forward quite a bit to drive, lol.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #52
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Why is there a giant subwoofer at the top of every page in this thread.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

4. Back To Top    #53
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Why is there a giant subwoofer at the top of every page in this thread.
    I think every thread in the events section has the OP at the top of each page with a blown up avatar.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #54
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Has everyone that planned on attending this been notified that this has been postponed? At least I heard it was moved to the end of summer anyway. Hopefully those with plane tickets and hotel reservations got the cancellation insurance. I had centered my upcoming vacation around this event then decided not to go otherwise I'd be mildly annoyed.

6. Back To Top    #55
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Yeah, I had to officially call off my trip to Aggieland too. BigAl let me know about the postponement, but it was easy to see coming. I've been refunded most of my money and will try again next year hopefully. I still have the week off later this month - so I can do some more work on the truck. Door closes, window opens.

7. Back To Top    #56

i booked my flight about two weeks before it was postponed. unfortunately, i can't attend the new date.

it's probably fine i can't attend, i can't imagine August in TX
    Last edited by nadams5755; 04-05-2020 at 03:46 PM.

8. Back To Top    #57
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    Yeah, I had to officially call off my trip to Aggieland too. BigAl let me know about the postponement, but it was easy to see coming. I've been refunded most of my money and will try again next year hopefully. I still have the week off later this month - so I can do some more work on the truck. Door closes, window opens.
    Good deal. You were the one I was thinking of when I made my post. I'll be on the lake for several of my 9 days off and my buddy even took a few days off too because we rarely get to fish together anymore thanks to schedule clashing and such. And you DO NOT want to be here in the dirty south in August. There's a reason why so many of us are bat shit crazy down here...our brains have been fried too many times by the heatAnd take it from someone who's had heat stroke...you'll never be the same again after one

9. Back To Top    #58
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

It appears Aggieland has been moved back to Oct 16-18, and will be held in the Dallas area. It will also serve as the Meca/Iasca/Emma finals for 2020. More info to come...