Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SQOLOGY Aggieland Questions

SQOLOGY Aggieland Questions

I have been looking at attending a SQ event this year as a visitor and feel this one might be the ticket. However, I have no idea what to expect, as I haven't been to such a show before. I was planning to fly in/out of Houston, so I can catch a few Astros games too. I had a few questions I was hoping someone who's attended the show before can answer.

Is there a recommended day to attend (sat or sun)?
    How many guests attend in a day?
    Whats parking like for visitors?
    Should I consider spending the night in College Station?
    What is the drive like from Houston to College Station?
    Can a pasty zamboni driver from Canada survive the weather at that time?

Honestly, any tips or potential pitfalls would be welcomed. This is just an initial feeler, but it seems like a doable trip. Baseball and SQ competitions = Happy blockrocker!
    Last edited by blockrocker; 01-02-2020 at 11:52 PM.

2. Back To Top    #21

Re: SQOLOGY Auggieland Questions

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    I know its still pretty early, but if anyone has any details on the finals show this year (dates/locations etc.), I'd love to hear them. Just trying to compare apples to apples, trip wise. Thanks.
    The date and location isn't typically published until at least Spring. Right now all we can do is assume Louisville the second week of October.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

3. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Don't get me wrong, the plane will do most of the traveling for me. I'm just trying to get the most trip I can get. The Astros are in town during the weekend of Aggieland, so its pretty tempting. I'm not sure how out of the way Stony Point is from an airport or the rest of the city.

4. Back To Top    #23

Don't get me wrong, the plane will do most of the traveling for me. I'm just trying to get the most trip I can get. The Astros are in town during the weekend of Aggieland, so its pretty tempting. I'm not sure how out of the way Stony Point is from an airport or the rest of the city.
    If a baseball game is a factor then go to Aggieland. Unless the Pirates are in town the week of SVR. lol

Follow my blog:

5. Back To Top    #24
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

What week is the SVR show?

Its not necessary, its just nice to pack in a few fun things. I hear Pittsburgh is a killer spot for a ball game.

6. Back To Top    #25

If you can make it finals is a great show to go to. Top of the line cars and it's indoors. I went this last year and everyone I talked to was open to giving a demo and in the short amount of time I was there I listened to some great systems and talked to some cool people. While there you do also have the spl side you can go check out which is on the other side of the arena.

7. Back To Top    #26

What week is the SVR show?

Its not necessary, its just nice to pack in a few fun things. I hear Pittsburgh is a killer spot for a ball game.
    https://www.steelvalleyregional.com/...CJVngTgfC9V5M8

Follow my blog:

8. Back To Top    #27

To recap:
    Go to finals. It's indoors. More cars. Right next to the airport and walking distance from hotels.

If you can't make finals, then SVR would be the better of the shows to go to simply because it's indoors.

If you can't make that then either Aggieland or the show in Atlanta would be good to go to. Both will be hot. Both are outdoors. But both will have a good showing of great sounding cars.

Follow my blog:

9. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

I can't speak to the other events, but Aggieland is a great show. Lots of very good cars and people. Very laid back.

10. Back To Top    #29
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Atlanta isn't always hot for the meet. Last year it was really nice in the low 80s. At least that is nice to me, coming from someone living in Atlanta. Having it before June, it will probably be the same. It's usually July when we start hitting 90s. OP can come watch the Braves in the new Sun Trust stadium

11. Back To Top    #30

Yea, but it's hot in those cars. And sweating while getting a demo suuuuucks. That's why I like the meets that are closer to winter. Cold outside but perfect inside the cars.

I missed last year's ATL show ... you gonna be there again this year? I plan to be there. Already registered and paid up.

Follow my blog: