Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SQOLOGY Aggieland Questions

SQOLOGY Aggieland Questions

I have been looking at attending a SQ event this year as a visitor and feel this one might be the ticket. However, I have no idea what to expect, as I haven't been to such a show before. I was planning to fly in/out of Houston, so I can catch a few Astros games too. I had a few questions I was hoping someone who's attended the show before can answer.

Is there a recommended day to attend (sat or sun)?
    How many guests attend in a day?
    Whats parking like for visitors?
    Should I consider spending the night in College Station?
    What is the drive like from Houston to College Station?
    Can a pasty zamboni driver from Canada survive the weather at that time?

Honestly, any tips or potential pitfalls would be welcomed. This is just an initial feeler, but it seems like a doable trip. Baseball and SQ competitions = Happy blockrocker!
    Last edited by blockrocker; 01-02-2020 at 11:52 PM.

2. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Vehicle
    4Runner & Altima Coupe

Re: SQOLOGY Auggieland Questions

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    That said, even though Finals can be a bit tougher to squeeze in a demo between judges, I think it’s comparable to any of the SQology events. The competitors these days are all laid back and even though it’s finals you can still get a demo in nearly every car. The ones who don’t give demos at finals are the same ones who don’t give demos at any other show. Plus, the airport is literally less than 2 miles away so you can just get an Uber to your hotel and walk from the hotel to the Expo center (which is what I have done the past couple years since I leave my car parked at the event center).
    At finals myself and some others don't give demos until after judging. I am generally judged early the first day so it's not a big deal as far as mine goes. However, some aren't judged until the second day.
    I've got a budget of $1,000. That should be more than enough.

3. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

The only place you'll get to meet the whole CarAudioJunkies cracked staff will be at Aggieland
    I'll be there, and you might also meet a few forum members SublimeZ, papacueball, Glenn, jowens500, MoparMike, HillbillySQ,and more.
    I'm planning on competing in MECA at CS, and I will be at the Parkinsons/Hybrid show, but registration is full...not sure about SVR yet

4. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
    At finals myself and some others don't give demos until after judging. I am generally judged early the first day so it's not a big deal as far as mine goes. However, some aren't judged until the second day.
    I can understand the reasoning for not giving demo's until after judging. I know I'd hate to be the one in there if something decides to go stupid before judging happens. At least you can cut loose and have fun after the judges have their way with it.

Not sure why some are so against giving demo's at all but it's their car and their choice.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Excellent responses guys, thank you. It might be a tougher choice then I realized. Finals would be incredible to see as well as the other shows mentioned. What are the dates for finals?

6. Back To Top    #15

Usually 2nd weekend of October.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

7. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I know its still pretty early, but if anyone has any details on the finals show this year (dates/locations etc.), I'd love to hear them. Just trying to compare apples to apples, trip wise. Thanks.

8. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Appecella Auto Sound has a show in New York that is relatively close to you and there is one this spring in Massachusetts. I hear Nick at Appecella Auto Sound has a decent turnout although he always has it on a day when I can’t go, lol.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

9. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Appecella Auto Sound has a show in New York that is relatively close to you and there is one this spring in Massachusetts. I hear Nick at Appecella Auto Sound has a decent turnout although he always has it on a day when I can’t go, lol.
    Last year we had 25 cars competing I think

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #19
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Close to me? I'd love to go to New York, but that's a long way from Calgary. I'm closer to the west coast.

11. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Appecella Auto Sound has a show in New York that is relatively close to you and there is one this spring in Massachusetts.
    The OP lives on the other end of Canada. He's closer to California than NY.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/