Thread: Experience with Audison APBMW S8-4 as woofer?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    BMW 335i E92, BMW X6 F16, 2000 LandCruiser

Experience with Audison APBMW S8-4 as woofer?

I am finalizing equipment for my X6 and had planned on using Jehnert XE200 8" woofers in a 3-way plus subwoofer and learned my dealer can no longer get them. I'm a bit disappointed as I am very happy with them in my 335i.

My dealer is recommending Audison APBMW S8-4 as an alternative for the under-seat woofer replacement.

https://www.audison.eu/wp-content/up...Tech_Sheet.pdf

I don't know anything about them and would appreciate thoughts from any that have heard, used or tested them. I will have a dedicated subwoofer and a Dynaudio front stage and MMats amplifiers.

One other question, they also have a 2 ohm version. My sub will be driven off the same MMats HiFi 4250D amp and is 4 ohm. Should the under-seat woofer impedance be the same as the woofers or does it matter?

Thank you
    BMW 335i E92 Morel Hybrid 402, Jehnert XE200, JL 12W3v3-4, Twk 88, JL XD500/3 and XD600/6
    BMW X6 F16, Helix SDMI25 -> Helix DSP Ultra, Amps, MMats HiFi-6150D & 4250D, Arc Audio KS125.4 Mini. Front Stage Dyn Esotar 430, Esotec MD 102, Illusion Audio C8. Rear Stage, Morel Hybrid 402, Rear pillars OEM. Sub, ScanSpeak Rev 28W.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Experience with Audison APBMW S8-4 as woofer?

Looks like someone is copying me... Just kidding!
    You choice of components is excellent, and I am confident you will be more than pleased with the end result.

It's too bad about the Jehnerts... even more too bad, is that Musicar can't (or won't) get you a set of W800-NEO's for the underseat.
    They really are the pinnacle for BMW underseat woofers. Albeit; they aren't plug 'n' play, like the other drivers. But they kick the ass of everything else...

I'll be honest; I'd push Musicar a bit more, to try to source and install these for you.
    You're already paying top-dollar to have them supply and install Esotar 430's... don't compromise on the woofer.

If you do end-up with the Audison underseat woofer; then stick with the 4ohm version. The MMATS will have no problem driving them (and your sub).
    In reality; they will have to turn-down the gain on the MMATS to accomadate the Audison. I found this with my old Jehnert's (and they were 7 ohm).
    The MMATS is wicked powerful, and will quickly destroy most of these plug 'n' play woofers, unless they are cranked way down.
    New Car... Stock Stereo

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    BMW 335i E92, BMW X6 F16, 2000 LandCruiser

Re: Experience with Audison APBMW S8-4 as woofer?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post
    Looks like someone is copying me... Just kidding!
    You choice of components is excellent, and I am confident you will be more than pleased with the end result.

It's too bad about the Jehnerts... even more too bad, is that Musicar can't (or won't) get you a set of W800-NEO's for the underseat.
    They really are the pinnacle for BMW underseat woofers. Albeit; they aren't plug 'n' play, like the other drivers. But they kick the ass of everything else...

I'll be honest; I'd push Musicar a bit more, to try to source and install these for you.
    You're already paying top-dollar to have them supply and install Esotar 430's... don't compromise on the woofer.

If you do end-up with the Audison underseat woofer; then stick with the 4ohm version. The MMATS will have no problem driving them (and your sub).
    In reality; they will have to turn-down the gain on the MMATS to accomadate the Audison. I found this with my old Jehnert's (and they were 7 ohm).
    The MMATS is wicked powerful, and will quickly destroy most of these plug 'n' play woofers, unless they are cranked way down.
    Why not copy someone that started me down the rabbit hole, first with your 440i M build that inspired my 335i, even though my build didn't reach your level. The X6 on the other hand I copied a lot without shame.

I'm sure they would install W800-NEO's if I found a source somewhere else. They are installing the MMats and the ScanSpeak Revelator 28W and custom enclosure I built. I'll ask them and see if I can find out where I could purchase them.

I've had trouble finding reviews of the Audison APBMW S8-4.

Thanks.
    BMW 335i E92 Morel Hybrid 402, Jehnert XE200, JL 12W3v3-4, Twk 88, JL XD500/3 and XD600/6
    BMW X6 F16, Helix SDMI25 -> Helix DSP Ultra, Amps, MMats HiFi-6150D & 4250D, Arc Audio KS125.4 Mini. Front Stage Dyn Esotar 430, Esotec MD 102, Illusion Audio C8. Rear Stage, Morel Hybrid 402, Rear pillars OEM. Sub, ScanSpeak Rev 28W.