Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing a receiver

1. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: Choosing a receiver

Was about to post a link to accessories4less, but for the Denon AVR-X2600H. Well worth checking that site as they typically always have good pricing.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

Completely forgot about them Ian. I was talking to my brother over lunch today and he recommended them as well.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Vehicle
    BMW 335i E92, BMW X6 F16, 2000 LandCruiser

Quote Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
    Technically they identify the Denon AVR-X3500H as the best in their round up, but the Yamaha the best bang for your buck. Personally I'd go with a Denon with X32 Audyssey over the Aventage Yamaha with YPAO
    Big discount, $999 down to $549.00, may be last seasons model. Nothing wrong with that.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_033AVX...mnews=14044435
    BMW 335i E92 Morel Hybrid 402, Jehnert XE200, JL 12W3v3-4, Twk 88, JL XD500/3 and XD600/6
    BMW X6 F16, Helix SDMI25 -> Helix DSP Ultra, Amps, MMats HiFi-6150D & 4250D, Arc Audio KS125.4 Mini. Front Stage Dyn Esotar 430, Esotec MD 102, Illusion Audio C8. Rear Stage, Morel Hybrid 402, Rear pillars OEM. Sub, ScanSpeak Rev 28W.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Midway View Post
    Big discount, $999 down to $549.00, may be last seasons model. Nothing wrong with that.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_033AVX...mnews=14044435
    That's a good deal! Buy buy buy!
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

5. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Nothing wrong with last seasons model and an excellent deal. The new 3600h is 2019 model so the 3500 isn't that old. Nice find.

It still has x32 and hdcp 2.2

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #26

I've always been a Denon fan but you seriously need to look at the new Yamaha Aventage models. Go to the nearest Best Buy Magnolia room and do a comparison. Put your hand on all the receivers. The Yamaha is the only one in the room that is cool and not hot and I mean by a big margin compared to all the others. The yamaha and denon's used to sound a lot different on music. Back in the day Denon had a very clear bass advantage. Not much now. I did lots of research and ended up buying a previous year Denon for less the half the original retail because the new years models were out. I would def advise doing that. I saved $900 doing that and got better dac, preamp section, new features than paying the same price for a new yr model. I get the impression that Gene at Audioholics is a Denon fan but he kind of admits in his reviews that he likes the new Yamaha's better now.

7. Back To Top    #27

Quote Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
    Completely forgot about them Ian. I was talking to my brother over lunch today and he recommended them as well.
    That's where I got my Denon x4000. Had it for 4 years or so now. No issues thus far. Saved about $600 buying it from them vs new.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

So I went down to my local Magnolia store and demo'd a bunch of things and am now in a more confused state then I was before I demo'd.
    I LOVE the width and feel that the Yamaha's presented. I was astounded at how big, how warm and how balanced the sound was coming from either the Elac UniFiUB5 and the Klipsch RP600's.
    The Denon was bright, crisp, composed and a bit narrower but full of life and attack(I challenge anyone to tell me that amps don't sound different, fight me ).
    I also listened to a Marantz because they were there, in budget and my Dad had one my entire childhood, It seemed to have more of the qualities of the Yamaha without the features.

I am going to scour the net to see which one I can find at a better price and pull the trigger, I dont fell like I can go wrong with either one.

The drivers are another story.....
    The ELAC 3 way Uni Fi UB5 was balanced, it had fantastic bass and midbass and imaged beautifully.
    The Klipsch was big, it was full of life and attack, it had gorgeous midrange and the transitions between MR and TW was seemless without being honky or horn like. It imaged beautifully as well but needed a small sub with it, and I dont mind buying a sub to help since this will be a listening and movie space.

I did also listen to the Debut 6 towers since they were there as well as a set of Logan's on sale but for the money I think I'd rather go with the Kilpsch or ELAC.

Like the receiver I am going to scour the net and see what I can find then head over to the locally owned small shop that will price match anyplace but Amazon that has an online ad.

Hope everyone had a good start to the new year

10. Back To Top    #30

IMHO.... Unless you plan on listening at very loud levels, I would personally go with the ELAC. I don't know anything about the Klipsch you listening to but I will say the concentric design yields a better soundstage, a more 3-D soundstage, than other designs like an MT or MTM. That's something that just can't be replicated with a standard MTM or MT design. Soundstage is a huge factor for me. With most AVRs you can correct for tonality easily via the auto-eq but you can't fix polar response issues at the crossover caused by the non-coincidental mounting. And that's the big advantage coincident mid/tweeter designs like the ELAC offer.

I pulled up some reviews and all are very positive for the ELAC.
    This guy's reviews are always excellent: https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/...ding-speakers/
    https://hometheaterreview.com/elac-u...kers-reviewed/

BTW, it looks like Amazon is having a blowout on these! Amazon is $332.49/each, $665/pair. Whereas other sites like Crutchfield and BB have them for $580/each, $1160/pair. Honestly, that's cheap enough to make me want to buy a set and I don't even remotely have a need for them.
    https://amzn.to/2MQ5LzH
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/