Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my new toy to finish my install yesterday.

1. Back To Top    #11

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Re: Got my new toy to finish my install yesterday.

How long have you been a fan of car audio? I don't know too many locals with a passion for car hifi. I get the impression you're a seasoned vet, your pods tell me this isn't your first install.

3. Back To Top    #13

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    How long have you been a fan of car audio? I don't know too many locals with a passion for car hifi. I get the impression you're a seasoned vet, your pods tell me this isn't your first install.
    I do not know much about the Calgary scene.There are not very many stores carrying car audio for sure.I am old (divorced parent) so this is a fun diversion from all the kiddo stuff.

I am/was more of a home audio fan truth be told. I did not think car audio could deliver the goods. I started dabbling earlier this year in the summer with a different deck install to get more features and better sound quality plus Apple car play. I am not that impressed with car play so far but we will see. I then added a kenwood 5 channel 9105-1, JL subs and a set of Mille 165.3 legends to the front doors. I got a taste of what I was after but it was no were near where I wanted to end up SQ wise so I did some more looking. I found MSC and had some great conversations. Larry and Chris suggested the V8 and P2 combo. I tried that and went wow that it the stuff. Way way way better, plus I installed the Brax front stage and built the pods with my limited skills. I knew what I wanted ( sound wise) and design goals so I built the pods based on that premise. After talking to Chris I decided to make the jump to the next level of complexity and cost.

I wanted better micro-dynamics, more refinement through out the frequency range and better handling of the the harmonic structures around the instruments and so forth. I wanted the emotion and energy of the musicians to be communicated as best as possible which good home systems can do.

So..... in the last two weeks I picked up the C series amps and the Ultra last week, thanks again Chris and Larry!!. I did the install and now I am enjoying the result. I ported over the tune from the V8 which went mostly ok just a few things off and work through a few quirks of the Ultra and here I am, lol. Being a techie and a hands on gal (ex, farm gal), my dad put me to work!), the install and everything is my first time so no seasoned veteran here, I am just old! I am sure there is much more to improve on, including my install and crafting skills. I want to do a more custom look in the back and figure out the subs. They are decent but they do not keep up with the Brax front stage the way I want them to.

With the previous tune the sound difference from beginning (summer) to the end is quite a contrast. So immersive, natural and involving. I can experience the music as the musicians are communicating it and the sound staging is crazy good. Once the tune gets sorted out oh my just amazing. I never thought this was possible in a car and I was so wrong and glad to be wrong. the journey is just beginning!!

I may need to attend to my home system now but home equipment is just super crazy $$$$$ these days, hense why car audio intrigues me plus the opportunity to design, craft, build as so on is very enticing.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Fantastic! Its great to have some more locals filling out the scene (or lack there of). I've been into MSC a few times and the guys seem really solid, so its nice to hear that they take good care of you. It sounds like you are well on your way to an incredible system, in fact, its hard to imagine it not sounding pretty kick ass right now. I look forward to seeing what you choose as a sub upgrade. To think this is your first car audio adventure is kind of surprising, considering the level of knowledge and goals you have set for yourself. It will be exciting to see where that Toyota ends up. If you ever need a hand or some support with the system, don't hesitate to reach out. In over 32 years of living in the city (I'm 37 now) I have only met a few hardcores of car audio but in 3 months on this website, I have met 2 other locals - including JimmyDee - who has been super generous with his time and knowledge. A few more people and we could drum up a little demo/meet and greet in the city.....maybe ;-)

Thanks for sharing your build and I look forward to watching the progress.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Audiogal, In all my years I haven’t read much about women getting into car audio except for in a few magazines. In a dying business like car audio it’s refreshing to see new people join the fun but it’s even more refreshing to see some women get into it. Your equipment is obviously awesome but the install looks great especially for someone just getting into it. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by JCsAudio; 12-31-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

7. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    Fantastic! Its great to have some more locals filling out the scene (or lack there of). I've been into MSC a few times and the guys seem really solid, so its nice to hear that they take good care of you. It sounds like you are well on your way to an incredible system, in fact, its hard to imagine it not sounding pretty kick ass right now. I look forward to seeing what you choose as a sub upgrade. To think this is your first car audio adventure is kind of surprising, considering the level of knowledge and goals you have set for yourself. It will be exciting to see where that Toyota ends up. If you ever need a hand or some support with the system, don't hesitate to reach out. In over 32 years of living in the city (I'm 37 now) I have only met a few hardcores of car audio but in 3 months on this website, I have met 2 other locals - including JimmyDee - who has been super generous with his time and knowledge. A few more people and we could drum up a little demo/meet and greet in the city.....maybe ;-)

Thanks for sharing your build and I look forward to watching the progress.
    Thanks, and a meet of locals would be fun. Especially a group that is passionate about this stuff. Maybe it is long overdue in this town. Always fantastic to learn from others, see and hear other people’s perspectives and value equations.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Informal meets are always the most fun

9. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Audiogal, I’m all my years I haven’t read much about women getting into car audio except for in a few magazines. In a dying business like car audio it’s refreshing to see new people join the fun but it’s even more refreshing to see some women get into it. Your equipment is obviously awesome but the install looks great especially for someone just getting into it. Keep up the good work!

Yes that is unfortunate that not many women take up the hobby. Having pursued a technical career path I have been in a very high percentage of situations where Inwas the only female in the field to board room from telecommunications, military defence, oil and gas and now the high tech software/hardware business solutions industry. It is getting better though as I have recently seen that more women are choosing technical careers and I have been able to help and mentor a bit.

Again thanks for the support guys, with this thread I am basically throwing my hat into the ring and seeing where it goes and so far so good!!

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

BTW, I'm trying to figure out your avatar. Vampire science officer?