Page 64 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden ?

1. Back To Top    #631
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Re: Joe Biden ?

Euphonic,
    I don't think he was saying the adopters get paid. In fact they pay. It's the mother of the child that is paid.

And I didn't answer the child question because I felt it wasn't a heart felt question but instead for an agenda.

2. Back To Top    #632
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
    Euphonic,
    I don't think he was saying the adopters get paid. In fact they pay. It's the mother of the child that is paid.

And I didn't answer the child question because I felt it wasn't a heart felt question but instead for an agenda.
    In some cases, the adopters do get paid.

This is a pointless thread that needs to just stop. We all look like assholes and it's a waste of time. There is no reason to argue about these issues and nobody's mind will be swayed away from what they already believe. If you're Pro-Choice, you're not going to convert anybody that's Pro-Life. If you're a diehard Republican, you're not going to change the mind of a diehard Democrat. If you're against paying taxes, you're not going to get somebody that thinks paying taxes is patriotic to agree with you.

3. Back To Top    #633

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    I asked earlier in this thread how many of the people in the conversation had children and didn't see any responses. If you feel like adoption is a great thing and can bring big money, why are you not willing to do it?......... More importantly, you should leave the money part out of it. If there are people adopting children because they are getting paid for it, they're not doing it for the right reason.
    First, it's none of your business if I have children or not. Second, where in the hell did you get the idea that I would want to adopt a child or, conversely, offer one for adoption? I was simply pointing out that a more humane choice than abortion is ADOPTION. I brought up the money because a lot of abortions are performed for poor people, people who could get paid a significant sum of money for putting that child up for adoption instead, thereby giving them the means to get out of poverty.
    Last edited by ckirocz28; 01-10-2020 at 04:31 PM.

4. Back To Top    #634

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    No disagreement of the message, but assigning an intent to the poster's message as being deflection ... may not be accurate..and while It could be accurate... the message stands with out assigning intent.

When we get the intent wrong it is a problem, as we loose credibility with the poster.
    It seems the intent was a very childish attempt at an insult because I mentioned adoption in the midst of a debate/conversation about abortion.

5. Back To Top    #635
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    First, it's none of your business if I have children or not. Second, where in the hell did you get the idea that I would want to adopt a child or, conversely, offer one for adoption? I was simply pointing out that a more humane choice than abortion is ADOPTION. I brought up the money because a lot of abortions are performed for poor people, people who could get paid a significant sum of money for putting that child up for adoption instead, thereby giving them the means to get out of poverty.
    First, you're right, it's none of my business. Second, if you want to talk about how adoption is so great, at least be willing to adopt a child. You can call me a liberal if you want, but you seem willing to talk the talk and not walk the walk. I agree, a more humane choice is to offer a child up for adoption instead of having an abortion, but what other people choose to do isn't my business either.

If you think women should get paid to be baby factories, that's your choice, I doubt people are getting paid under Nebraska's Safe-Haven Law though.

6. Back To Top    #636

First, you're right, it's none of my business. Second, if you want to talk about how adoption is so great, at least be willing to adopt a child. You can call me a liberal if you want, but you seem willing to talk the talk and not walk the walk. I agree, a more humane choice is to offer a child up for adoption instead of having an abortion, but what other people choose to do isn't my business either.

If you think women should get paid to be baby factories, that's your choice, I doubt people are getting paid under Nebraska's Safe-Haven Law though.
    I don't need to adopt, I have children and grandchildren.
    As for the baby factory comment, it's their choice.

7. Back To Top    #637

I'm not exactly sure what your train of thought is, but you seem to have taken my simple mention of adoption in the midst of an abortion debate as some sort of challenge or accusation or suggestion. I'm really not suggesting that you adopt a child or put one up for adoption. I'm simply putting forth the idea that adoption is a much more attractive solution to an unplanned pregnancy than abortion.
    I really don't get how you got so bent out of shape over this, unless you're pregnant and want an abortion in order to avoid gestation and childbirth.

8. Back To Top    #638
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Let's try and be civil (everyone)

9. Back To Top    #639

It seems the intent was a very childish attempt at an insult because I mentioned adoption in the midst of a debate/conversation about abortion.
    I think Euphonic set the record straight...

It seems the intent was a very childish attempt at an insult ...
    ^This^... this whole thread has turned into a childish attempt at something... and Hic is not here to steer it back onto course... <-- which my APLication of childish humour.

10. Back To Top    #640

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    I think Euphonic set the record straight...
    I'm not sure how, all I read was "You like adoption so much, you do it!".