Page 160 of 175 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1748

Thread: Joe Biden ?

1. Back To Top    #1591

Re: Joe Biden ?

What if the 2016 polls got it wrong due to a combination of high voter turnout AGAINST Clinton and low voter turnout FOR Clinton, in expectation of a Clinton landslide victory - and not so much as a result of high voter turnout FOR Trump?

While many that held their nose and voted for Trump (i.e. AGAINST Clinton) in 2016 might go on to vote FOR him in 2020, how many more such folks might hold their nose and vote for Biden instead?

And as polarizing an individual as Clinton is, those opposed to Clinton in 2016 were nowhere near as fervent in their opposition as those opposed to Trump in 2020.

While it seems that the majority of Trump supporters - and even those like me that view Trump as merely "the lesser of two evils” - are predicting a Trump landslide victory, I honestly don't know what to think...

Anyway, as a matter of principle, since 1988 I have voted for the POTUS candidate I wanted to win - with just one exception: In 2016 I voted for Clinton (AGAINST Trump), primarily due to a daily dose of NPR that had led to a mild case of TDS. In the aftermath, however, while all those insane vitriolic TDS crybabies were losing their shit, I turned off NPR for good.

With the exception of only two POTUS elections ('08 Obama, '16 Clinton), I have always voted third party, no matter how small that candidate's chances of winning. As a matter of principle, I would not settle for the evil of two lessors, and virtually EVERYONE gave me shit for it... "You’re wasting your vote," they said... "You might as well vote for (insert greater-of-two-evils candidate here)," they said... "Supreme court, bla, bla, bla..." "Guns, bla, bla, bla..." "Drug War, bla, bla, bla... "Abortion, bla, bla, bla..." You get the picture.

And now I'm about to vote for the lesser of two evils again - the same POTUS candidate I voted AGAINST in 2016. SMH

In the immortal words of comic genius George Carlin, "It's all bullshit, folks… and it’s bad for ya!"

2. Back To Top    #1592

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    What if the 2016 polls got it wrong due to a combination of high voter turnout AGAINST Clinton and low voter turnout FOR Clinton, in expectation of a Clinton landslide victory - and not so much as a result of high voter turnout FOR Trump?

While many that held their nose and voted for Trump (i.e. AGAINST Clinton) in 2016 might go on to vote FOR him in 2020, how many more such folks might hold their nose and vote for Biden instead?

And as polarizing an individual as Clinton is, those opposed to Clinton in 2016 were nowhere near as fervent in their opposition as those opposed to Trump in 2020.

While it seems that the majority of Trump supporters - and even those like me that view Trump as merely "the lesser of two evils” - are predicting a Trump landslide victory, I honestly don't know what to think...

Anyway, as a matter of principle, since 1988 I have voted for the POTUS candidate I wanted to win - with just one exception: In 2016 I voted for Clinton (AGAINST Trump), primarily due to a daily dose of NPR that had led to a mild case of TDS. In the aftermath, however, while all those insane vitriolic TDS crybabies were losing their shit, I turned off NPR for good.

With the exception of only two POTUS elections ('08 Obama, '16 Clinton), I have always voted third party, no matter how small that candidate's chances of winning. As a matter of principle, I would not settle for the evil of two lessors, and virtually EVERYONE gave me shit for it... "You’re wasting your vote," they said... "You might as well vote for (insert greater-of-two-evils candidate here)," they said... "Supreme court, bla, bla, bla..." "Guns, bla, bla, bla..." "Drug War, bla, bla, bla... "Abortion, bla, bla, bla..." You get the picture.

And now I'm about to vote for the lesser of two evils again - the same POTUS candidate I voted AGAINST in 2016. SMH

In the immortal words of comic genius George Carlin, "It's all bullshit, folks… and it’s bad for ya!"
    Saw this and this is what I'm voting for. Seems appropriate to your response.

That moment when someone says, "I can't believe you would vote for Trump” I simply reply “I'm not voting for Trump.”

I'm voting for the First Amendment and freedom of speech.

I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.

I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for the continued growth of my retirement 401K and the stock market.

I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.

I'm voting for the Electoral College & the Republic we live in.

I'm voting for the Police to be respected once again and to ensure Law & Order.

I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over again to China, Mexico, and other foreign countries.

I’m voting for secure borders and legal immigration.

I'm voting for the Military & the Veterans who fought for this country to give the American people their freedoms.

I'm voting for the unborn babies that have a right to live.

I’m voting for continued peace progress in the middle east.

I’m voting to fight against human/child trafficking.

I’m voting for Freedom of Religion.

I'm voting for the American Flag that is disrespected by the Democratic Party.

I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion & not be censored.

I'm not just voting for one person, I'm voting for the future of my Country.

I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms and their future.

3. Back To Top    #1593

Good stuff. I'm voting against the candidate that seems least likely to deliver any/all of that.

4. Back To Top    #1594

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post

I’m voting for the continued growth of my retirement 401K and the stock market.
    Never thought I'd say this, but I'm leaning a little further toward the hairpiece in chief than ever before for this reason alone. I work for a Fortune 100 in the corporate offices. I know what's going to happen with a Biden win - at least in my company...corporate taxes are going to climb and we're going to thin the herd. My stocks are going to take a hit. As much as I dislike the guy, if I'm being honest, my job is the single most important thing to me aside from my health. Selfish, I know, but that's what votes are - your time to chip in for what YOU want/need.

I'm still leaning Biden, but the fat kid on the seesaw has lost a little weight. I'll be holding my nose either way.

5. Back To Top    #1595

Yes Rob.... you can do it... you can switch......

6. Back To Top    #1596

Quote Originally Posted by diy.phil View Post
    Yes Rob.... you can do it... you can switch......
    I have a sort of prepared speech for people who come to the door, call me on the phone, approach me in person, etc. It goes something like this:

I'll tell ya how I vote. Every time somebody comes by or calls, I make a note. When it's time to vote I pull out that notebook and see who came to see me more. Then I vote for their opponent.

It's kind of a joke, but if I hear from one more Democrat...

7. Back To Top    #1597

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    What sort of ratio of Trump / Biden signs are you-all seeing in your area?

Although there are very few signs altogether, I'm seeing majority Trump by ~ 4:1. Maybe not so surprising though, up here in Bernie Land, where I suspect most will hold their nose and vote for Biden.
    I'm in Alabama, and commute 83 miles one-way, and I've only seen 1 Biden sign off of an interstate exit (state right of way), but every fourth yard has a Trump sign in it.

8. Back To Top    #1598

Nobody putting up any yard signs around here lol.
    Only saw 1 yard sign and it is for a school-related item.

9. Back To Top    #1599

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    I'm in Alabama, and commute 83 miles one-way, and I've only seen 1 Biden sign off of an interstate exit (state right of way), but every fourth yard has a Trump sign in it.
    Sounds about right

10. Back To Top    #1600

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    I have a sort of prepared speech for people who come to the door, call me on the phone, approach me in person, etc. It goes something like this:

I'll tell ya how I vote. Every time somebody comes by or calls, I make a note. When it's time to vote I pull out that notebook and see who came to see me more. Then I vote for their opponent.

It's kind of a joke, but if I hear from one more Democrat...
    Hello Rob, i am a Democratic party representative. Please remember to vote for us and we can help to lighten your wallet, office/team workers, portfolio and inventory!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tax plan.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	14155
    (The one in the gray boxes is my accountant friend. She does accounting and taxes for for various small companies and individuals/people.)