1. Back To Top    #1481

Re: Joe Biden ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    US Trade Is Crippled by the American Government, Not the Chinese
    yep

2. Back To Top    #1482

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    Even though your equipment wasn't assembled in China, it was probably assembled using parts that were manufactured in China.
    Bingo. Countless companies are doing this now - trying to capitalize on strong American consumer sentiment and desire to buy American goods. But in reality, only a small part of final assembly is being done here most of the time. I'm gonna call out DeWalt, because they're especially sneaky and overt in trying to mislead people that their stuff is Made in USA. For a few select tools, they do some final assembly here - like stick the Chinese-made motor and gearbox and electronics in the clamshell. That is not Made in the USA and advertising it as such should be illegal. Because for every 3 guys who use their tools, at least one of them will tell you they're American-made.

I think the only power tool you can buy these days that's not made in China is Hilti. And IIRC they use some Japanese parts (ex Mabuchi...which also manufactures in China lol).

Gotta do your homework these days if you want a truly American product made with American materials.

We do have a choice though. You CAN do it. You just have to go without a lot of conveniences that everyone else enjoys. You can buy your furniture from local artisans who can demonstrate where their lumber comes from. I know some guys who run a shop like this. I can't afford their furniture, but it's American. Same with pretty much everything else you NEED. All we have to do is stop buying their stuff and buying local or making your own stuff. We are the ones who enable it.

3. Back To Top    #1483

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Rob Feature is the Sam Spade of CAJ... Every forum needs one, I guess.
    I have no idea what this means, so I'll assume it's a compliment of the highest order

4. Back To Top    #1484

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    I have no idea what this means, so I'll assume it's a compliment of the highest order
    Well, you guys say the same things, like verbatim.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #1485

US Trade Is Crippled by the American Government, Not the Chinese

https://mises.org/wire/us-trade-crip...nt-not-chinese

The Best Way to Compete with China Is to Free the Economy

https://mises.org/wire/best-way-comp...a-free-economy
    yep
    FIFY

6. Back To Top    #1486

FIFY
    Was only agreeing with the statement. Did not click links.

7. Back To Top    #1487

Was only agreeing with the statement. Did not click links.
    It is not a statement of mine, it is the title of the linked article below it.

8. Back To Top    #1488
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

If a product completed in China is not subject to a tariff, but a product completed in the United States using Chinese parts is, who does that benefit?

9. Back To Top    #1489

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    If a product completed in China is not subject to a tariff, but a product completed in the United States using Chinese parts is, who does that benefit?

Ultimately, tariffs benefit the governments that collect them, and the corporations those governments are beholden to / in collusion with.
    Last edited by Grinder; 10-07-2020 at 09:02 AM.

10. Back To Top    #1490

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    As has already been pointed out, in some cases it’s a necessary evil at this point.
    A necessary evil huh. So supporting a brutal regime that kills and tortures it's citizens at will is better than supporting a president that has done LOTS of great things for the country/world? What, because you don't like how he speaks or his personality. You leftist are miserable people man and so filled with hate. Get over it. The only evil thing is supporting China and those that support China!!