1. Back To Top    #1461

2. Back To Top    #1462
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Joe Biden ?

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    I’m just saying many of the people hating on China have a household full of Chinese products so they must be ok with it too.
    Many of the people hating on Trump has him as their President, so they must be ok with it too

3. Back To Top    #1463

So you’re being forced to use Chinese products?

4. Back To Top    #1464
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

If there is no alternative...yes. That's the point of the whole argument. If there was a domestic equivalent, many people would buy it instead.

5. Back To Top    #1465

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    I’m just saying many of the people hating on China have a household full of Chinese products so they must be ok with it too.
    Who is most people? I've been purging my house of as many chinese products as possible for a long time. Have you or are you one of those people that just don't care?

6. Back To Top    #1466
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

I guess if the Taliban started making electronics cheaper than the Chinese, some people would line up around the block to buy them

7. Back To Top    #1467

If the taliban were the only ones producing a specific product you would buy it too apparently.

8. Back To Top    #1468
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

So if the Chinese, terrorists, or whatever group is the only ones producing a product, we shouldn't try to produce it ourselves because it may cost too much?

9. Back To Top    #1469

Never said that. By your reasoning though if nobody else makes the product you’d buy it from them.

10. Back To Top    #1470
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    of course they are. I'm not saying stop everything made in China but that would be nice. It would be nice if people stopped buying products made in China as much as possible. Most people just don't care though.
    Most people care more about money than their country. I'm sure there's a way to argue that paying taxes is patriotic, but most people don't want to pay higher taxes because they'll argue that how the tax money is spent is less than patriotic.

Also, as sad as it may sound, when some of the manufacturing got moved to China, the defective rate went down as well. This prompted more companies to move manufacturing over seas.