Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1748

Thread: Joe Biden ?

1. Back To Top    #1331
    Real Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    2016 WRX

Re: Joe Biden ?

Wow...really? Political discussion seems more contagious than Covid19.
    My TV goes on - it goes to the Sports channels and stays there - I’ve little interest in the ‘media Illuminati’s’ fear mongering and its effects on our future lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    Fun fact. I've gone 2 weeks totally ignoring all news now...Mmmmmm, willful ignorance! Can't say I miss it.
    Wilful ignorance is kinda an oxymoron I think? In the context of what you said I totally understand it though �� nothing wrong with ignoring the news. You’re just going to get a heap of lies, deception, fear...and weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Smart thing to do ^^^ Nothing ignorant about it, imo.
    Times two.
    Whilst not my sort of thing; discussions on politics seem a lot less ‘aggressive’ and even possibly ‘productive’ with Spade not here. 50 PM’s from the guy in under two weeks telling me how shit I am...MF keyboard warriors. I’m over it. 50% walking away from DIYMA because of him and the other 50 is because I would take him to the mods...but they seem to have ‘moderators’ that don’t care about anything except making money for the company that owns the forum.
    Not my sort of thread to comment into guys so not looking to annoy anyone! Apologies if I have done so. Just a few humble thoughts and then I’m going to put my amp rack back together ��
    Peace

2. Back To Top    #1332
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buff View Post
    ...but they seem to have ‘moderators’ that don’t care about anything except making money for the company that owns the forum.
    I'm a moderator over there and haven't logged in on purpose in months. When the new company took over and started making changes against the members' wills, most of the mods and one of the admins just walked away in disgust. Unless they have new moderators that I'm not aware of, supporting the new company is NOT in the realm of possibility.

3. Back To Top    #1333

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I'm a moderator over there and haven't logged in on purpose in months. When the new company took over and started making changes against the members' wills, most of the mods and one of the admins just walked away in disgust. Unless they have new moderators that I'm not aware of, supporting the new company is NOT in the realm of possibility.
    Someone bought them from Verticalscope?

I bailed about the time they changed up the forum look. Not so much because of that, although I do find it a downgrade, but because the idea of corporate forums still chaps my ass. Sooooo many awesome members had either left or been banned. And the discussion just got stale. I've visited a couple times lately but didn't find much reason to hang around.

4. Back To Top    #1334
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

No, Verticalscope is the "new" company I was referring to. They have gobbled up almost every forum I've ever been a member of, changed things up, and turned it into an advertising monster.

5. Back To Top    #1335

We can have democracy—or we can have social networks that allow the spread of weaponized disinformation about our elections. But we can’t have both. Facebook, Twitter, and Google can and must act before the damage is done.
    -Hilary Clinton

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/s...87632406786048

Not to be confused with election meddling (/sarc), here is the Election INTEGRITY Roadmap for Social Media Platforms:

"Social media companies must act now to prevent the spread of dangerous election-related lies" (i.e. shut down all opposition)

https://accountabletech.org/wp-conte...-Platforms.pdf
    Last edited by Grinder; 09-24-2020 at 01:04 AM.

6. Back To Top    #1336

President Trump Delivers Remarks at the White House Conference on American History

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WGvn6N1qPE

Last edited by Grinder; 09-24-2020 at 01:37 AM.

7. Back To Top    #1337

2016:

2020:

8. Back To Top    #1338

Funniest thing I've seen in a long time! (NSFW - salty language and loud screaming)

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/phot..._460svvp9.webm

Give both of these young ladies an Academy Award! They're sure to earn plenty of likes on their social media for their magnificent virtue signaling.

9. Back To Top    #1339

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    2016:

2020:

Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL): “President Obama is attempting to solidify his liberal agenda by drastically changing the direction of the Court for decades to come. This critical decision should be made after the upcoming presidential election so that the American people have a voice.”

John Boozman (R-AR): “Our country is very split and we are in the midst of a highly contested presidential election. My colleagues and I are committed to giving the American people a voice in the direction the court will take for generations to come.”

Tom Cotton (R-AR) who is on the short-list to be nominated: “In a few short months, we will have a new president and new senators who can consider the next justice with the full faith of the people. Why would we cut off the national debate on the next justice? Why would we squelch the voice of the populace? Why would we deny the voters a chance to weigh in on the make-up of the Supreme Court?”

Corey Gardner (R-CO): “… the next president of the United States should have the opportunity to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court.”

Marco Rubio (R-FL): “I don’t think we should be moving forward on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term. I would say that if this was a Republican president.”

Dave Perdue (R-GA): “What’s at stake here is the balance of our nation’s highest court and the direction of our country for decades. I remain firm in my decision to exercise my Constitutional authority and withhold consent on any nominee to the Supreme Court submitted by President Obama.”

Mike Crapo (R-ID): “As part of its role in this process, the Senate may, at its discretion, withhold consent. The next Supreme Court justice will make decisions that affect every American and shape our nation’s legal landscape for decades. Therefore, the current Supreme Court vacancy should be filled by an individual nominated by the next president of the United States.”

Joni Ernst (R-IA): “In the midst of a critical election, the American people deserve to have a say in this important decision that will impact the course of our country for years to come.”

Pat Roberts (R-KS): “The next justice will have an effect on the courts for decades to come and should not be rushed through by a lame-duck president during an election year. This is not about the nominee, it is about giving the American people and the next president a role in selecting the next Supreme Court justice.”

Mitch McConnell (R-KY): “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

Roger Wicker (R-MS): “The American people should have the opportunity to make their voices heard before filling a lifetime appointment to the nation’s highest court. In November, the country will get that chance by choosing a new president – a process that is well underway. Until then, our time should be spent addressing the many other legislative matters before us to strengthen our economy, create jobs, and secure our nation.”

Roy Blunt (R-MO): “The Senate should not confirm a new Supreme Court justice until we have a new president.”

Steve Daines (R-MT): “The replacement of Justice Scalia will have far-reaching impacts on our country for a generation. The American people have already begun voting on who the next president will be and their voice should continue to be reflected in a process that will have lasting implications on our nation. The U.S. Senate should exercise its constitutional powers by not confirming a new Supreme Court justice until the American people elect a new president and have their voices heard.”

Deb Fischer (R-NE): “It is crucial for Nebraskans and all Americans to have a voice in the selection of the next person to serve a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court, and there is precedent to do so. Therefore, I believe this position should not be filled until the election of a new president.”

Richard Burr (R-NC): “The American people deserve a voice in the nomination of the next Supreme Court Justice. This appointment could easily tip the balance of the court in a direction not supported by the American people as evidenced by 2014’s election results giving Republicans both the Senate and House.”

Thom Tillis (R-NC): “While President Obama is entitled to nominate an individual to the Supreme Court, the Senate has made it clear it will be exercising its Constitutional authority to withhold consent of the nomination. We are in the middle of a presidential election, and the Senate majority is giving the American people a voice to determine the direction of the Supreme Court.”

John Hoven (R-ND): “There is 80 years of precedent for not nominating and confirming a new justice of the Supreme Court in the final year of a president’s term so that people can have a say in this very important decision.”

Rob Portman (R-OH): “During a very partisan year and a presidential election year … both for the sake of the court and the integrity of the court and the legitimacy of the candidate, it’s better to have this occur after we’re past this presidential election.”

Jim Inhofe (R-OK): “While I will evaluate the nomination of Judge Merrick Garland, the next president should be the one to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court. … I will oppose this nomination as I firmly believe we must let the people decide the Supreme Court’s future.”

James Lankford (R-OK): “Based on previous historical precedent, I support Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley’s intent to give the American people a say in Justice Scalia’s replacement this year at the ballot box.”

Pat Toomey (R-PA): “With the U.S. Supreme Court’s balance at stake, and with the presidential election fewer than eight months away, it is wise to give the American people a more direct voice in the selection and confirmation of the next justice.”

Lindsey Graham (R-SC): “I strongly support giving the American people a voice in choosing the next Supreme Court nominee by electing a new president. I hope all Americans understand how important their vote is when it comes to picking a new Supreme Court justice. The American people should choose wisely this November.”

Tom Scott (R-SC): “The next president should fill the open seat on the Supreme Court, not a lame duck. Our nation is in the middle of an election that will replace this president and it has brought people out in every corner of our country in record numbers to have their voice heard. As elected officials, we need to protect the American people’s chance to have their voices heard in the decision on who will be appointed to a lifetime seat on the nation’s high court.”

John Thune (R-SD): “The Senate Republican majority was elected to be a check and balance to President Obama. The American people deserve to have their voices heard on the nomination of the next Supreme Court justice, who could fundamentally alter the direction of the Supreme Court for a generation. Since the next presidential election is already underway, the next president should make this lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.”

Lamar Alexander (R-TN): “I believe it is reasonable to give the American people a voice by allowing the next president to fill this lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court. Under our Constitution, the president has the right to nominate, but the Senate has the right to decide whether to consent at this point in a presidential election year. Sen. McConnell is only doing what the Senate majority has the right to do and what Senate Democrat leaders have said they would do in similar circumstances.”

John Cornyn (R-TX): “At this critical juncture in our nation’s history, Texans and the American people deserve to have a say in the selection of the next lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court. The only way to empower the American people and ensure they have a voice is for the next president to make the nomination to fill this vacancy.”

Ted Cruz (R-TX): “This should be a decision for the people. Let the election decide. If the Democrats want to replace this nominee, they need to win the election.”

Mike Lee (R-UT): “In light of the contentious presidential election already well underway, my colleagues and I on the Judiciary Committee have already given our advice and consent on this issue: We will not have any hearings or votes on President Obama’s pick.”

Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV): “Before a Supreme Court justice is confirmed to a lifetime position on the bench, West Virginians and the American people should have the ability to weigh in at the ballot box this November. My position does not change with the naming of a nominee today.”

Ron Johnson (R-WI): “Let the American people have a voice in the composition of the Supreme Court. Instead of a lame duck president and Senate nominating and confirming, a new president and Senate – elected by the people only a few months from now – should make that important decision. I can’t think of a fairer or more democratic process.”

Mike Enzi (R-WY): “The Constitution gives the Senate the right to make decisions on a Supreme Court nominee. The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee has announced the committee’s intention to exercise its constitutional authority to withhold consent on a nominee submitted by this president. I believe the American people should decide the direction of the Supreme Court.”

John Barasso (R-WY): “A president on his way out of the White House should not make a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court. The American people will soon decide our next president. That person should get to choose the next Supreme Court nominee. Give the people a voice, and let them chart the course for the court and the country.”

10. Back To Top    #1340

The democratic lawmakers asked her to retire when Obama was the president so they could get another progressive on the court but she was sooo sure that Hillary would win she ignored them. The joke is on her in the end.