Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to observe your workflow when designing an enclosure, choosing a woofer...

1. Back To Top    #11
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: I want to observe your workflow when designing an enclosure, choosing a woofer...

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I just finished the session with Justin. Very cool experience and I got to pick his brain when we were done. It was nice to have some of my questions about gear and driver specs/performance clarified.

You don't have to get dolled up and be on camera. You just need a microphone and a computer. We used a screen mirror app and talked like a speaker phone where he could see what I had on my screen. I just explained how I get data for a speaker or two and how I use my programs to solve a problem or predict things about my system.
    Smitty, thank you so much for the interview today! We both learned a bunch and I'm glad to meet you : )
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: I want to observe your workflow when designing an enclosure, choosing a woofer...

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I just finished the session with Justin. Very cool experience and I got to pick his brain when we were done. It was nice to have some of my questions about gear and driver specs/performance clarified.

You don't have to get dolled up and be on camera. You just need a microphone and a computer. We used a screen mirror app and talked like a speaker phone where he could see what I had on my screen. I just explained how I get data for a speaker or two and how I use my programs to solve a problem or predict things about my system.
    His brain is a very fun one to pick!
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

I am nowhere near being able to even download a program onto a computer, let alone know how to use it. That being said, I have built my current 5 speaker surround in my living room. I am a former framer, and have done my own trim carpentry, so I’d say I’m a woodworking hobbyist. I started building speakers for fun, using drivers I’ve picked up in trades, or just seemed interesting. I have only used pre-assembled crossovers, and just did a shit ton of reading to figure out the air space needed for each driver (or hit up Dustin Hutsell to run drivers on WINISD). I’ve taught myself to solder (barely), and build these simply for fun. I think they all sound decent, but have nothing to compare them to.

I would love to help with your project, but I don’t have screenshots and stuff, just scribbled notes and hand drawings...
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    I would love to help with your project, but I don’t have screenshots and stuff, just scribbled notes and hand drawings...
    I want to see those too! Seriously, those would be really helpful to see. Please send me an email so we can plan a time. I'd love for you to walk me through how you organize your thoughts and plan your work. The same trade applies: I am happy to trade you cash or knowledge for your time.

~JZ
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

5. Back To Top    #15

One interview down, a second scheduled.

I need more people. Honestly, this is not hard. Also, money.
    Do it for them.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Sign me up Mr. Zazzi!

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I just finished my chit-chat with Mr Zazzi and it was a very cool experience. I would HIGHLY recommend giving a little bit of time to help with his project. Zero technical skills required and Justin walks you through the whole thing. It was great learning from someone of his caliber and knowledge, as he is clearly very passionate about audio. Not to mention, a laid back and enjoyable guy to talk to, Justin is the exact kind of people this industry needs.

A few easy questions and some personal experiences with programs used and general building ability is all it was. There is no judgement passed or technical babble that went over my head. Definitely worth my time, as he explained and answered lots of questions for me, plus gave me some great suggestions for my own projects.

Let's all help Justin out!

8. Back To Top    #18

I love you?
    Do it for them.

9. Back To Top    #19

Been kinda busy/preoccupied over the holidays. I'm happy to help in what little noobish way I can. Sending email.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    I love you?
    The feelings mutual brother!