Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 F150 Limited Build

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

2014 F150 Limited Build

I figured I might as well post this here. It is over on the f150 forums, but you all might appreciate it more. (If you want to look at every iteration go here https://www.f150forum.com/f30/jdunk54nls-build-446724/)

Equipment to date:

Factory HU programmed via Forscan for 4v variable output
    Knu Koncept Krystal RCA cables
    Knu Koncept 1/0 gauge power and ground
    Helix DSP.2
    Alpine PDX-V9 (sub(s), tweeters, and rear fill)
    Alpine PDX- F6 (Midbass and midrange)
    Stereo Integrity 3 way front (TM65 Mkiii, M3, M25)
    Valicar Stuttgart pods for M3's and M25's
    2x Stereo Integrity BM MKV's (on their way soon, current sub is a 10" JL TW3)
    SB Acoustic SB17's for rear fill
    A bunch of Resonix CLD (look at his website for the 2014 F150 log for details on the sound deadening)
    100% Resonix CCF and MLV

I used the for-11ck harness to connect to the ACM and run wire back to my DSP. I choose to do low level RCA runs.

I then had the Sony system and didn't have the correct connector for it so I decided to cut and solder the wires together. It was Saturday and I needed the truck on Sunday. FYI this fully deleted the Sony system. My sony amp, speakers, and sub sit in my garage now.

This is just a final wrap of electrical tape to over-protect the wires.

2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: 2014 F150 Limited Build

The stereo integrity m25's will be at a lot nicer angle with the pods. I purchased the optional swivel mounts to really get the best angle possible.

First I removed the factory grill

Then I found washers that were quite nearly the perfect size. One on the outside

One on the inside. These will be sandwiched together to hold the pods in place. I tested this and it seems PLENTY sturdy enough. I guess time will tell though.

I didn't want to leave the washers silver so I found the closest matching paint to the a-pillars.

Turned out better than expected!

It is a little bit off, but the pod will cover up most of that anyway.

Here are the pods with the m25's in them already.

This is what it will look like once it is mounted in the truck.

I used some clear jb weld on some plumbers strap and epoxied it to the washer. The strap was then attached to the original mounting points for some added support. Figured it can't hurt. I also put a washer on top of that to help hold it in place. The holes on the strap were not quite big enough to fit the threaded rod through. I tried enlarging the holes but plumbers strap is not fun to try and drill through so I gave up and went the jb weld route.

This was the swivel mount without pod attached.

2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Got the tweeters installed today. Based on many readings/recommendations over at diyma and talking with Justin, for both best response and best aesthetics I aimed the tweeters basically at the rear dome light. I used Justin’s (in his build log over there) formula to get the distance which was again basically the dome light.

If if I don’t like this after I tune it, I’ll drill a hole somewhere.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Found a alpine pdx v-9 in amazing condition locally. One of the better spec'd v9's I've seen too!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Had some progress today. I was actually surprised with the amount of factory cld on the floor. Also, no clips broken....yet....

Techflex on my 1/0 engine Bay Area.

A little more work today. Finished running the new 1/0 power wire and dropped the headliner and put cld on the roof.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Some more work done today. Got at least 25% coverage of CLD on roof, back wall, and floor (the floor was nearly 70% covered with factory stuff). Put thinsualte material on the roof to keep the phoenix heat out. Put CCF and MLV on the back wall and floor to really quiet things down. Now it is time to put the interior back in but after doing this in 105 degrees all day I am tired.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Got the front interior put all back in...had to do it twice because I forgot how something went under the center console and had it wrong ��.

Also got the amp rack all ready to be installed. Used black auto carpet to cover it. Used tnuts (wood glued in there) to make everything easy to remove.

My knu 1/2m rca's were about 3" too short so I had to go back to my streetwise zn5's. Awe well, I'll use the Krystal kables's on the wife's car.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

All of the interior was installed and amp rack finished wiring

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Finally done with the install.
    Here is a full document of the install with some how to stuff.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fe...S9CMugWULeTapF

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I did have to modify the door a little bit around the speaker area. The Stereo Integrity 6.5" speakers have a big basket on them so I had to trim the opening on the top and bottom to get them to fit. Dremel made quick work of that.

The rear door was similar except no modification needed with the sb17's. They just fit right in there.