Thread: Husky 46" 9 drawer Mobile Workbench and a little gloat

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Marv
    Vehicle
    2016 Silverado Regular Cab

Husky 46" 9 drawer Mobile Workbench and a little gloat

Main features:

24.5" deep with a 3 /4" solid hardwood top (looks like beech)

100 lb full extension slides

Full width top drawer

2 bulk storage drawers on the bottom

Built in 110v as well as 2 usb charging ports

Drawer liners included

5" casters

IMO this is a great value in a mobile work bench with tool storage even at the retail price and beyond a great value for what I paid (more on that below). I have several different versions of these Husky's and find them to be of very good quality. The drawers slide well with no racking, more than sufficient steel gauge on drawers and cabinet, handles big enough for large fingers and hard plastic wheels that roll easily/smoothly.

My wife's been bugging me to find something for myself for Christmas from the family and although I really didn't need anything I saw an adjustable height work bench at Home Depot and thought about getting it but I lagged as usual. Last night my neighbors son happened to drop over while my wife was getting on me to go get it and said he'd help me pick it up. We headed down and while there I saw this one on sale for 25% off ($398.00 retail, $298.00 after discount) which was only $100.00 more than the work bench with no drawers so I decided to put in the extra myself and get that instead. I told the clerk my wife insisted on one in the box so they can wrap it and put it by the tree. After a few minutes the guy in back called to say he didn't have any more in the box. About that time the department manager came up and I explained the dilemma with my wife wanting it in the box. She said she understood that and tried to find me one at another store in the box. No luck with that but she said she could order one which may not arrive in time. I explained I'd been lagging and better show up tonight with one in the box or my wife would chew my butt. She said hang on a minute and went to find the store manager. I told him I'd be willing to take the butt chewing if he could give me a little more discount for taking one out of the box. I was thinking an additional 10% off but to my surprise he said he would give me an additional 25% off! After that and the Military discount I ended up paying only $2.00 more than the work bench without drawers I originally went to get!

A few pics before rolling it in the house so they can figure out how-to wrap it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_114745.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	840.3 KB 
ID:	8444 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_114821.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	376.1 KB 
ID:	8445 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_114758.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	804.7 KB 
ID:	8446 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_115018.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	422.5 KB 
ID:	8447 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_114939.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	688.9 KB 
ID:	8448
    Build Thread

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...Silverdo-build

https://www.instagram.com/mrmarvsplace/

Post count on a forum does NOT denote ones level of knowledge, skill nor experience..

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Re: Husky 46" 9 drawer Mobile Workbench and a little gloat

you got negotiation skills. That looks like a good box.
    Is it your main? I thought about getting one like this with a work top but bending down for every screwdriver and wrench seemed like it might grate on me over the years.
    As a secondary or specialty I could see it would rock.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Very nice! Wish I had more room for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    I thought about getting one like this with a work top but bending down for every screwdriver and wrench seemed like it might grate on me over the years.
    A top box on stationary bench is always an option.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Marv
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    you got negotiation skills. That looks like a good box.
    Is it your main? I thought about getting one like this with a work top but bending down for every screwdriver and wrench seemed like it might grate on me over the years.
    As a secondary or specialty I could see it would rock.
    Thanks and I just try to save a buck whenever I can!

I didn't really need this as I have one for my mechanic tools as well as a Lista industrial work bench with drawers/cabinet that holds most of my audio accessories/supplies/wire rolls etc and houses my soldering station as well as shipping scale/supplies (no pics of that as it's pretty messy right now!).

This lower cabinet holds my handheld woodworking power tools/power tool accessories like router bits/jig saw blades/ sandpaper etc on slide out shelves behind the doors, woodworking hand tools and cabinetmaking supplies. I built the shelf unit to better organize fasteners that had been spread all over and to have a dedicated spot for my tv (I added the top shelf recently for my antique radio/cassette player connected to some old bookshelf speakers I had laying around).

Name:	IMG_3463.JPG 
Views:	330 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	8452 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3462.JPG 
Views:	306 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	8453 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3466.JPG 
Views:	328 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	8454 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_210127.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	386.3 KB 
ID:	8455,

This small mobile cart holds most of my install tools, frequently used accessories/supplies etc and test gear but there's not much room to set stuff on so I thought the mobile adjustable height bench would be good for setting stuff on when installing to keep from having to walk back and forth. That would have required taking up more space with another bench so my plan now is to use this as my install cart since I'll be able to consolidate all of the stuff from the small cart with other frequently used install stuff like hand tools, cordless drivers, corded drills, wire rolls in the big bottom drawers etc and have room to set stuff on top or work on top if needed.

Name:	IMG_2452.JPG.cab63bb17a0d9042fa0f03695acbdc69.jpeg 
Views:	308 
Size:	495.8 KB 
ID:	8456
    Build Thread

Post count on a forum does NOT denote ones level of knowledge, skill nor experience..

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Marv
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    Very nice! Wish I had more room for one.

A top box on stationary bench is always an option.
    Thanks and more room is something I'm pretty sure we all would like to have!
    Build Thread

6. Back To Top    #6
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Very Nice !