Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Grinder's no-till vegetable garden

1. Back To Top    #51
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Re: Grinder's no-till vegetable garden

Looking good Grinder. You inspired me to do a garden this year again but I didn’t go to anywhere near the tender caring great lengths you have to get things going. I just went to a nursery and purchased some tomato, Squash, and cucumber plants. I also have some carrot and potato. I did however mix in some leaves and manure into the soil for some extra nitrogen I hope.
    Sienna SB29 Focal PS165V Alpine SWS10 Mazda CX5 AF GB15 AF GB60 AF GB12 Ford F150 AF GB10 AF GB25 JLC5 Sundown SD310.

2. Back To Top    #52

Glad to hear it, John! Nothing wrong with purchasing starts. Wish I was better set up for carrots and potatoes, and beets, turnips, leafy greens and such. Maybe next year.

88 seedlings in the ground as of yesterday (32 tomatoes, 3 sweet peppers, and 53 squash and pumpkins. 8 of the 10 cherry tomatoes need another week or two for their roots to fill-out their large pots before I can safely transplant them).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1657.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	7.14 MB 
ID:	11337

Name:	IMG_1658.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	7.55 MB 
ID:	11338

Name:	IMG_1659.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	7.79 MB 
ID:	11339

Name:	IMG_1661.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	6.52 MB 
ID:	11340

Didn't plan on having so quite so many squash and pumpkins, but given the number that died last year I started plenty of extras and then decided to go ahead and transplant them all. Now that nearly all of the squash and pumpkins are in, it's on to peppers (84 of them! LOL), and then cantaloupes, watermelons and cucumbers ...and then on to relocating perennial herbs from the garden, and then transplanting new ones (also outside the garden) ...and then on to transplanting all the flower seedlings.
    Last edited by Grinder; 3 Days Ago at 06:28 AM.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Whoa! Just three tomato plants and two squash plants give me more than I can eat and you have 32 and 53 respectively. You may as well register your property as a farm so you can take advantage of the tax benefits. Looking real good.
    Sienna SB29 Focal PS165V Alpine SWS10 Mazda CX5 AF GB15 AF GB60 AF GB12 Ford F150 AF GB10 AF GB25 JLC5 Sundown SD310.