Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

I dropped the Morel mids into the dash and they look like they were made for that location! Also, the supplied Morel tweeter mounts are surprisingly perfect to simply mount to the factory grille! Sorry guys, no exciting custom work on the tweets and mids, this was too easy! Lol

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #42

Here is the MW6 (almost) in the Metra pod... It is much closer to fitting than I thought it would be. I'll make a baffle for the speaker and trim the opening a little, and that should do it. It's very plasticy though, so I think I'll line the inside with something, but I am not sure with what yet. The outside will get a full cld wrap...

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #43
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I had that issue with those JL C3 mids in our JK - the dang basket wouldn't fit into those pods. Had to use a baffle to space them out more, which is a bit too close to the grille than I'd like.

May look at other speaker options later on when budget allows for it. But it looks like those MW6 fit way better than those C3-650 do!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #44
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Heh, took a page out of my book mounting the tweet pod to the factory grille, lol. That's a mighty fine spot for tweets in a lot of cases. Works quite well basically creating a coaxial with a properly aimed tweeter firing across the midrange in stock locations. And gorgeous sub. Wranglers aren't known to be a good choice for "SQ" so may as well make that thing a ground pounder that will sound pretty good when needed
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #45

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I had that issue with those JL C3 mids in our JK - the dang basket wouldn't fit into those pods. Had to use a baffle to space them out more, which is a bit too close to the grille than I'd like.

May look at other speaker options later on when budget allows for it. But it looks like those MW6 fit way better than those C3-650 do!
    Yep, these are pretty close to fitting as is... I will use a thin baffle, like 1/4" max and I'll also mount the speakers with the grille on to protect it while shoving it in place under the dash... I used these same drivers and did the same thing in my JK. I hope the aperiodic vent helps the speaker think it has more air space that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Heh, took a page out of my book mounting the tweet pod to the factory grille, lol. That's a mighty fine spot for tweets in a lot of cases. Works quite well basically creating a coaxial with a properly aimed tweeter firing across the midrange in stock locations. And gorgeous sub. Wranglers aren't known to be a good choice for "SQ" so may as well make that thing a ground pounder that will sound pretty good when needed
    Yep! You can't tell in the picture, but the plastic pod for the tweeter matches the grille's plastic perfectly! When they are in the dash in looks oem except for the beautiful Morel lotus grille...

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #46

For those of you who buy my used gear, here is one of the things I do to protect stuff while fabricating and installing... Amps are wrapped in a couple layers of shrink wrap and then taped along the edges. On top of that I am really careful, as one little slip or a dropped tool can really do some ugly damage (as we all know).

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    For those of you who buy my used gear, here is one of the things I do to protect stuff while fabricating and installing...
    I can vouch for that, fantastic seller here if anyone ever thinks about buying from David.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

8. Back To Top    #48
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I can relate to a slip screwing the pooch. Got a LONG scratch on one of my amps because of an install blunder where I slipped while doing a two person job by myself
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

9. Back To Top    #49

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I can relate to a slip screwing the pooch. Got a LONG scratch on one of my amps because of an install blunder where I slipped while doing a two person job by myself

I have had a brand new subwoofer surround wrapped around a Philips bit before!

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #50
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    I have had a brand new subwoofer surround wrapped around a Philips bit before!
    Me too...a couple times. Now when I'm mounting a speaker of any kind my hand is used as a guard. Flesh heals on its own most of the time. Can't say the same about the cone and surround of a speaker.