Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    hopefully bend radii for power wires leave you room for RCAs on the back side. might have to use something with small ends, like stinger 4000s
    I flipped the cover on one amp to where the RCAs of both amps will be on the inside and the power wires on the outside. I have the Stinger 9000 rcas and they aren't very long either... Plus, if I need a little more room the amps can stick out a little bit more.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #32

I spoke to Hutchinson about custom details on the sub - they are going to do flat black in all of the areas were there is currently gloss black, and the cone and dust cap will both be carbon fiber. Btw, that pushed the price of this beast to $1,700! It better give me some really warm, fuzzy feelings inside at that price!

So the finishes will be flat black, red, carbon fiber and polished metal on the hardware, it should look awesome!

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #33

So Hutchinson is in contact with Mmats regarding the powder coating that they use, so they can try and match the sub to the amps! Hell yeah!

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #34

pretty subs but massive motor structures.

5. Back To Top    #35

A couple people have said I am crazy for spending this much on a sub, but here is my justification:

In this Jeep there is no room to do much in the way of aesthetics, so this sub (and the enclosure) have to be that visual wow factor. The amp rack and amps will be mostly hidden under the enclosure, so I am not doing anything fancy with that.
    All that is left to do is put a really nice sub in the nicest enclosure I can make for the Jeep.

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #36
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    A couple people have said I am crazy for spending this much on a sub, but here is my justification:
    You don't have to justify anything to anybody! Just enjoy your build. I will say though, your justifications sound great, and I'm sure this will give you all the warm and fuzzies you can handle. Just thinking about the custom Hutch is making me feel warm and fuzzy!

7. Back To Top    #37

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Thank you. This is my third failed marriage so I am getting used to going through this... Lol
    Sorry to hear that man. You're in California. Tell hell with American women man. Go get a Asian woman.

8. Back To Top    #38

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    You don't have to justify anything to anybody! Just enjoy your build. I will say though, your justifications sound great, and I'm sure this will give you all the warm and fuzzies you can handle. Just thinking about the custom Hutch is making me feel warm and fuzzy!
    Uuummm, I'm a little uncomfortable with that revelation...

Lol, j/k!

Yes, bro, that sub is probably gonna be my single favorite piece of electronics I have ever owned.

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #39

I received the Metra pods and by the looks of them they might need some modifying with a heat gun or torch to fit the Morel's... I will also take a look at the dash and see if there is anyway I can enlarge the pods by adding some sort of tumor for more airspace.

I also ordered the overpriced ScanSpeak aperiodic vents so I don't have to mess around trying to fabricate them myself...

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #40
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

I did not really do much to my Jeep but I'm really interested in what you have going with this build. Wrangler is usually a four letter word to audio geeks.
    Meh, it'll play.