Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #381
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

[QUOTE=DavidRam;62491I do wonder if I could play with the crossovers and dirac a bit and get more upfront bass with higher levels to the sub... Meaning more bass heavy, yet still on the dash. Ryan if you're reading this, I'll need to find some time for another session with you.
    [/QUOTE]

That's the drawback to using bass knob... Throws off the phase coherency of the DL filter. Better way is to re-optimize to a more bass heavy target in DL and load that to another preset... No need for additional measurements... Should take less than 10 minutes even over team viewer

Jeep looks great!

2. Back To Top    #382
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

That’s where the bass control on your playback device will help since it is a global eq. I think you’re using a fio and I’m not sure if that has eq, but I’m betting it does. Turn the bass up and it will increase on midbass and sub without changing the phase. Kind of like a global low shelf filter.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #383

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    That's the drawback to using bass knob... Throws off the phase coherency of the DL filter. Better way is to re-optimize to a more bass heavy target in DL and load that to another preset... No need for additional measurements... Should take less than 10 minutes even over team viewer

Jeep looks great!
    Ok! DL is cooler than I thought! Lol.

With how noisey the Jeep is and that I drive with my windows open a lot, unfortunately, I have to adjust the bass... Having a bass heavy preset would be great!

I want to get the two seat tune done, too.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #384

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    That’s where the bass control on your playback device will help since it is a global eq. I think you’re using a fio and I’m not sure if that has eq, but I’m betting it does. Turn the bass up and it will increase on midbass and sub without changing the phase. Kind of like a global low shelf filter.
    Hmmmm, interesting. The fiio does have EQ, though I am not sure if it would apply the adjustments in digital output mode...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #385
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Thanks man, it's working really well! I think it has even improved with a little time to break in... It's a really versatile sub, because it will blow your ears out if you want or you can turn it down and blend nicely with the front for some sq listening. I do wonder if I could play with the crossovers and dirac a bit and get more upfront bass with higher levels to the sub... Meaning more bass heavy, yet still on the dash. Ryan if you're reading this, I'll need to find some time for another session with you.

Next up for the Jeep is LED headlights, fog lights and clear side markers. I am so swamped at work these days, I hardly have time for hobbies.
    Awesome, a lot of that I feel is more a tuning issue more than anything else. I set a 1/2 octave gap between my subwoofer and mid bass and then I’ll sometimes flip the phase 180 out of phase while playing a test tone at the crossover temporarily, and I then adjust the time alignment on the subwoofer until the the sound/tone gets the quietest. The adjustment should only be slightly off to right on from the tape measure method if done right. I then flip the phase back to in phase and that sometimes seems to help get the bass more up front. I also only use 24 db Linkwitz Riley crossovers for this too. Having a three way setup like my truck also really helps the up front bass compared to a two way like my CX5. I think a lot of the up front bass cues actually come from the midrange.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

6. Back To Top    #386

I guess this thread needs a little update:

I swapped the MiniDSP remote to the new OLED one and it's WAY better... Here's a simple bracket to keep it at my finger tips.

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #387

I also added the JL bluetooth dongle via low level input on the dsp, as a secondary source to the dap.

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #388

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    I swapped the MiniDSP remote to the new OLED one and it's WAY better...
    Explain yourself young man.

9. Back To Top    #389

The Hutchinson sub is replaced by two 12" Brahmas in a sealed box:

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #390

The heavier sub box caused my rear to squat so I added a 1/2" coil spacer to bring it close to level. The rear is now 1/8" higher than the front...

#TRUMP2020