Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #361

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

That's awesome!

I'm especially looking forward to your impressions of that sub.

2. Back To Top    #362

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    So.... I guess the sub and it’s box sounds good. That’s good to see on here. Really glade to see this David.
    Thanks, and thanks to you!!!

I haven't had a chance to check the tuning, yet, but I will... Yes, the box and sub sound awesome, definitely a SQ sub with loads of output! Now I have a ton of rattles to track down and silence! Lol

I haven't had a whole lot of listening time, but I'll tell you that Dirac is no joke! What would take many, many hours with conventional dsp tuning and REW, happened in a couple hours!

Next thing Truthunter is gonna do is a two seat tune!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #363

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    That's awesome!

I'm especially looking forward to your impressions of that sub.
    I will spend some more time with it and report back with impressions! I'm extremely happy with the overall sound so far
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #364

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    The sub arrived and it's beautiful!

Used some nice terminals

Where do you put the fleshlight?

5. Back To Top    #365

Quote Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
    Where do you put the fleshlight?
    The what??

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #366

Btw, the sub box alone dropped my rear end by 3/8". Between the new (heavier) spare wheel/tire and the sub the rear is lower than the front by 5/8"... Time for a little suspension leveling work.
    I just measured again now that it has settled, and the sub box alone actually dropped the rear by a full 1/2"... My headlights are now blinding oncoming drivers... The way I adjust my headlights is with suspension upgrades! Lol
    Last edited by DavidRam; 05-20-2020 at 07:38 PM.

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #367

Thanks, and thanks to you!!!

I haven't had a chance to check the tuning, yet, but I will... Yes, the box and sub sound awesome, definitely a SQ sub with loads of output! Now I have a ton of rattles to track down and silence! Lol

I haven't had a whole lot of listening time, but I'll tell you that Dirac is no joke! What would take many, many hours with conventional dsp tuning and REW, happened in a couple hours!

Next thing Truthunter is gonna do is a two seat tune!
    Two seat tune with no center channel? Curious to hear how that works out. Good to hear the Dirac is a success, and you got remote tuned! Honestly, I think there should be more people doing that, shoot, maybe there is?

8. Back To Top    #368

Quote Originally Posted by farfromovin View Post
    Two seat tune with no center channel? Curious to hear how that works out. Good to hear the Dirac is a success, and you got remote tuned! Honestly, I think there should be more people doing that, shoot, maybe there is?
    I don't know what the two seat is either, but Dirac has a tune for that. I'm sure it's a compromise...

After experiencing Dirac, I don't know why anyone would still tune with a Helix or other dsp. The best thing I did was get rid of the Helix and get the MiniDSP (again). Nothing wrong with the Helix, just that it's waaaayyyyy behind now, compared to what Dirac can do.

Put it this way, I bet if I hopped on the phone with Truthunter right now and wanted a fresh tune from scratch, it would be done in around an 1-2 hours. I am talking levels, time alignment, phase, EQ, everything! No trial and error, no guess work, just an awesome tune done in one shot!
    Last edited by DavidRam; 05-20-2020 at 10:59 PM.

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #369
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

I don't know what the two seat is either, but Dirac has a tune for that. I'm sure it's a compromise...

After experiencing Dirac, I don't know why anyone would still tune with a Helix or other dsp. The best thing I did was get rid of the Helix and get the MiniDSP (again). Nothing wrong with the Helix, just that is waaaayyyyy behind now, compared to what Dirac can do.

Put it this way, I bet if I hopped on the phone with Truthunter right now and wanted a fresh tune from scratch, it would be done in around an 1-2 hours. I am talking levels, time alignment, phase, EQ, everything! No trial and error, no guess work, just an awesome tune done in one shot!
    I must say David that I’m not an expert tuner yet I can bang out a pretty good tune using a sound proven tuning process in most cars in two hours, sometimes three hours, with a JL TwK88 and basic UMIK-1 with REW. I will say though it took me a long time and a lot of research and educating myself to get to that point. I’ve used the HELIX DSP, and it’s very powerful, but I felt it was more geared towards the installer than the enthusiast whereas the JL TwK88 is very enthusiast friendly and easy to use. It’s good though that you had a good experience with DIRAC and are happy with it. Obviously this was the right choice for your application.

I wish I wasn’t 2600 miles away. I’d love to get a listen to that system.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

10. Back To Top    #370

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    I must say David that I’m not an expert tuner yet I can bang out a pretty good tune using a sound proven tuning process in most cars in two hours, sometimes three hours, with a JL TwK88 and basic UMIK-1 with REW. I will say though it took me a long time and a lot of research and educating myself to get to that point. I’ve used the HELIX DSP, and it’s very powerful, but I felt it was more geared towards the installer than the enthusiast whereas the JL TwK88 is very enthusiast friendly and easy to use. It’s good though that you had a good experience with DIRAC and are happy with it. Obviously this was the right choice for your application.

I wish I wasn’t 2600 miles away. I’d love to get a listen to that system.
    I hear ya... The difference with the Dirac, is that the quick tune is gonna be the best tune/sound we have ever had in our cars for the average tuner. I am not a bad tuner either, but my best sounding self-tuned car, the CX3, didn't sound as good as this Jeep, and the CX3 was a great platform for car audio and the Jeep is about the worst!

#TRUMP2020